Author Topic: Apache blocked by Avast  (Read 3758 times)

tekin1302

Apache blocked by Avast
« on: April 30, 2013, 09:38:56 AM »
Hello.

I have 2 applications on two Tomcat containers with an Apache server in front of them getting the requests on port 80. One of the applications behaves strange when the Web Shield from Avast is activated: some of the responses (html pages) come back with content type "application/octet-stream" as a file to be downloaded. When I open this file with notepad the first 50 or so lines are unreadable (non sens characters).
    So I guess Avast is messing with the response for some reason. Clearly I cannot ask the web site users to disable their Web Shield on Avast, so there must be a way of letting Avast know that the site can be "trusted".
    Furthermore, if I access the site on port 8080 directly (not through Apache) everything works ok, so Avast has a problem with Apache Server.
    If you ever had this problem or if you have any idea why one Tomcat has this problem and the other one doesn't please help.
    I also posted this question on another technical forum:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16279991/apache-returns-page-with-wrong-mime-type

Apache server version: .2.17

Thanks.
    Tekin.