Author Topic: Upload License File Error  (Read 4415 times)

Yosh86

Upload License File Error
« on: April 30, 2013, 11:55:33 PM »
Hi,

I can't upload my license file.  I woke up this morning and avast! Interet Security said that my subscription is expired even though in the program it says that I'm valid until 1/26/2016.  I clicked 'Insert License File' and clicked on the license file I saved on the computer but after clicking 'yes' confirming that my subscription date and email were correct I got an error that says 'Unable to insert license file. Element not found.'  I redownloaded the license file from avast! in case something was wrong with my license on my computer but had the same result.

I searched the forum and someone had a similar issue but it never was resolved since the user with the error never replied with his software info...mine is avast! Internet Security 7.0.1483

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Upload License File Error
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 01:29:12 AM »
Check the system date, day.month/year and adjust as required.

If it is correct - Try a repair of avast:
XP - Add Remove programs, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Change/Remove button and select Repair, click next and follow.

Vista, win7 - Control Panel, Programs & Features, uninstall a program, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Uninstall/Change and select Repair, click next and follow.

You may need to reboot after the repair.

####
There does appear to be some corruption in the reported version as the build number (the last four digits) are associated with avast 8.0.1483. There was no build 1483 associated with avast 7.0. So if the repair doesn't work you may have to reinstall avast and that would be best to do a clean reinstall of the latest avast version 8.0.1483.

@@@@
- Download the latest version of avast, 8.0.1483 (see below) and save it to your HDD, somewhere you can find it again. Use that when you reinstall.

- Download the avast! Uninstall Utility, aswClear.exe find it here and save it to your HDD (it has uninstall tools for all versions).
  • 1. Now uninstall avast! - using add remove programs, if you can't do that (as appears to be the case) start from the next step, reboot.
  • 2. run the avast! Uninstall Utility, it will request it be run from safe mode (and will handle the boot into safe mode), first for 7.x if previously installed and then for 8.0, once complete reboot into normal mode.
  • 3. install the latest version, reboot.
- http://files.avast.com/iavs5x/avast_internet_security_setup.exe

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Yosh86

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 01:11:55 PM »
Thanks for the help.  I did the repair option after confirming that my time/date settings were correct.  After I restarted, my program updated to 8.0.1483 and showed my subscription was good until the proper date.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 01:38:12 PM »
You're welcome.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security