Author Topic: Version: 17.8.2318  (Read 68129 times)

Offline TheOwner

• Poster
Re: NEW Version: 17.8.2318
« Reply #150 on: December 20, 2017, 03:00:01 PM »
If i uninstall this version by uninstaller, overseer and associated task will remain as leftover? Because this feture was aded by VPS update after release so is  not register in uninstaller? I also think Avast clear do the same.

Offline Dave250

Re: Version 17.8.2318 blocks Road Angel Gem updater
« Reply #151 on: December 26, 2017, 04:59:48 PM »
Ever since Avast upgraded to 17.8.2318 I've been unable to update my road speed camera warning device, Road Angel Gem.

Their updater is unable to connect to their servers. I've asked their Tech Support for port numbers and URL but they are so non-technical they don't even understand the question! - so can anyone here suggest how I can find out what Avast is now doing to stop the updater working.

I know it's Avast causing the problem as when I uninstall Avast  the updater works - yes I did re-install Avast!!!
Any help on this issue from anyone?

I can't find out what IP/URL it is trying to access from my router log as Avast blocks it - and Road Angel's technical guys seem to be on go slow.

Any hints of what to exclude would be welcome - yes I have excluded the .exe executable file that does the update.

At the moment I have REPLACED Avast on one of my PCs with a competitor product so that I can update my Road Angel - I want to remain loyal to Avast but if this isn't sorted out then you will lose a customer...

Offline NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Whatever will be, will be.
Re: Version 17.8.2318 blocks Road Angel Gem updater
« Reply #152 on: December 26, 2017, 05:06:24 PM »
Ever since Avast upgraded to 17.8.2318 I've been unable to update my road speed camera warning device, Road Angel Gem.

Their updater is unable to connect to their servers. I've asked their Tech Support for port numbers and URL but they are so non-technical they don't even understand the question! - so can anyone here suggest how I can find out what Avast is now doing to stop the updater working.

I know it's Avast causing the problem as when I uninstall Avast  the updater works - yes I did re-install Avast!!!
Any help on this issue from anyone?

I can't find out what IP/URL it is trying to access from my router log as Avast blocks it - and Road Angel's technical guys seem to be on go slow.

Any hints of what to exclude would be welcome - yes I have excluded the .exe executable file that does the update.

At the moment I have REPLACED Avast on one of my PCs with a competitor product so that I can update my Road Angel - I want to remain loyal to Avast but if this isn't sorted out then you will lose a customer...
Hello Dave250, welcome to the forums.

I suggest you to create a new, own topic, otherwise your questions will be buried in this huge topic.

BTW if you use Avast Free then Web Shield would be the possible cause. Web Shield has "Process Exclusion" settings, so you can try and see if it brings some difference.
Desktop: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-7400 3.0GHz / 32GB RAM / Avast 23 Premium Beta(Icarus) / Comodo Firewall
Notebook: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-3340M 2.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast 23 Free / Windows Firewall Control
Server: Win11 Pro 23H2 64bit / Core i3-4010U 1.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast One 23 Essential

Avast の設定について解説しています。よろしければご覧ください。