Author Topic: AIS screwed with wireless printer and internet  (Read 1723 times)

lhd303

AIS screwed with wireless printer and internet
« on: May 04, 2013, 07:18:07 AM »
I was running Avast free, fine for over a year, but decided to get the AIS and pay the bucks, well immediately after install and uninstall and uninstall, I can't connect to internet, nor print to my kodak wireless printer anymore.  When I uninstall, I have no problem in either case.  However, I paid for the the AiS and want my money or it to work.  Any help would be appreciated.

lhd303

Re: AIS screwed with wireless printer and internet
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 08:11:51 AM »
Ok, I uninstalled again and reinstalled once again, then time i did not do the express install, but instead modified the install and did not install the firewall.  Windows has a firewall, so perhaps they were fighting.  But after getting it all up (God my Linux machines are so much faster) I was able to get on the web and print wirelessly.  So while I thought it was the firewall, when I disabled it after installation two other times, it was not installing it which let it connect to the wireless adapter.  So hopefully it will work properly from this point forward.  Glad I have this Linux beast here to help me trouble shoot stuff and surf the web when Windows can't...Take care :P