Author Topic: Windows aswTdi Issue  (Read 5382 times)

Dissolution

Windows aswTdi Issue
« on: May 04, 2013, 08:14:35 PM »
I am getting an error in Windows 7 on start up and it says that The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: aswTdi. When I google aswTdi it says that aswTdi.sys is a file that is associated with Avast. Is this an issue that can be fixed through Avast or is it something else? The Event code is 7026 if that helps.

Thank you in advance.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Windows aswTdi Issue
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 08:17:32 PM »
try avast repair

ad/remove programs > avast > uninstall > repair option ...... wait a minute or two and reboot

any change ?

Dissolution

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 08:22:52 PM »
Nope. I am still getting the same error. 7026..... aswTdi but it says that the driver couldn't load.... That does not seem like a problem with avast at all.... Sigh

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 08:23:26 PM »
I am getting an error in Windows 7 on start up and it says that The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: aswTdi. When I google aswTdi it says that aswTdi.sys is a file that is associated with Avast. Is this an issue that can be fixed through Avast or is it something else? The Event code is 7026 if that helps.

Thank you in advance.

- Which avast!..?? (Free/Pro/IS/Premier)
- Which version..??
- OS..?? (32/64 Bit..? - which SP..?)
- Other security related software installed..??
- Which AV did you use before avast!..??
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Dissolution

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 08:28:29 PM »

Thank you in advance.

- Which avast!..?? (Free/Pro/IS/Premier)
- Which version..??
- OS..?? (32/64 Bit..? - which SP..?)
- Other security related software installed..??
- Which AV did you use before avast!..??

Avast Pro I believe and it is updated to the latest version. I am on Windows 7 64 bit. I have no other security installed. I think I used Microsoft Essentials.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2013, 08:34:11 PM »
...and it is updated to the latest version.

1488..??
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

marosy

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2013, 12:33:37 PM »
I had this issue with Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit and Avast 8 Free.
You need to go to safe mode and issue a command to delete the aswtdi service. If you don't go to safe mode avast will prevent you to delete the service.

Start cmd as an administrator. Issue the following command:

sc delete aswtdi

Reboot and enjoy.

I have tested it with Windows 7 32 bit, I don't know if it will work with Windows 8.
Disclaimer: Use at your own risk. The risk is fully of the user.