Author Topic: On Access Scanner  (Read 5089 times)

terrell

On Access Scanner
« on: March 25, 2005, 05:02:15 PM »
Hello,

I am using Windows 2003 server edition with the Avast Server software.
My question is about the resident scanner.   The scanner comes up an error whenever I use the Iomega Rev Backup software or the Server is updating or accessing its system files.  The scheduled scans do not give the error.  Do you think that it has something to do with open files or file protection?  Is this something that can be fixed or if not serious can be made to not show the error repeatedly?  I did read the other topics on this but still need the help.
 The error is as follows:
[SERVER]: AAVM - scanning warning: x_AavmCheckFileDirectEx [UNI]:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RICHED32.DLL (C:\WINDOWS\system32\RICHED32.DLL)
returning error, 0000A413.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: On Access Scanner
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2005, 06:59:57 PM »
Hi Terrell.

If you are using the avast 4 server edition, then you should post this question on the avast! 4 Server Edition forum, this forum is for the desk top avast! 4 Home/Pro version.

You might also find a similar question already on that forum.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2005, 10:51:47 PM »
So you're getting plenty of those messages for different files, or it's just the riched32.dll file?
Also, could you please describe the connection with the Iomega software? Where is it backing up the data to? Can the software be downloaded somewhere?

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

terrell

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2005, 11:41:18 PM »
Hello,
The errors are coming from many files, not just the Rich32.dll.  The Iomega Rev
software is backing up to an external Iomega Rev drive (letter F).  The software comes with the drive.  I am not sure if it can be downloaded or not.  If you need
the software I can try to see if I can get it, and if I do email it but  the program would be a large file to send using my dial up connection.  Let me know if you need anything else. 

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2005, 11:47:03 PM »
And the problem is _only_ happening when the IoMega software is accessing the files?
Not if you access the same files in any other program?

thanks.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.