Author Topic: Workstation locking up after Avast installed  (Read 1616 times)

Jim Fisher

Workstation locking up after Avast installed
« on: May 06, 2013, 09:56:09 PM »
I am deploying a test for Avast Endpoint Protection Suite (AEA Console and Clent) to 8 workstations. One of them will LOCK UP if it is left idle for 15-20 minutes. I can ping the machine, I can log into it via RDP with another user, but the original user's profile/desktop/session cannot be accessses without restarting the workstation.
I have been banging my head over this....

The Workstation is WIN 7, 32 Bit workstation.

I am using the AEA Suite, I had 4.8 installed and am doing a test before I push the upgrade to all my systems (150 machines). I have 7 other machines that all took the new version without issue....all but the one which consistantly locks up when left idle. By GPO i enforce a lockout/password after 15mins idle time.

I used the avast removal app prior to installing on this machine, I cleaned the temp and registry files before pushing the new client....(with reboot before push)

Anyone seen something simliar? Or kinda similiar....this is a wierd issue on this one machine.....I have it on a XP Machine, several Win 7's, Server 2003, 2008 (32&64b) ...

Any help would be appreciated

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Workstation locking up after Avast installed
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 10:57:23 AM »
First thing that comes to mind it is something with the power saving settings/screen saver/hybernation on that system.
I would say compare them with a system that doesn't have a problem and see if there is a difference between them.