Author Topic: Unable to activate On-Access Scanner  (Read 2461 times)

Ozon

Unable to activate On-Access Scanner
« on: March 27, 2005, 12:08:57 AM »
Don't know if this is the Right place to post my questions, but I have encountered some problems with v4.6.623.

I first had a problem with the database=ODBC avast4.ini issue. Changed this to XML and I was then able to start the main app and scan my PC. But my second problem is that I can not activate the On-Access Scanner. When I try to do this, I get the following error "The requested resident task was not found, operation could not be compleated". Do you have a fix for this problem?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Unable to activate On-Access Scanner
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2005, 12:43:08 AM »
I would suggest that you try a repair of avast. Add Remove programs, avast! Anti-Virus, Change/Remove button and scroll down to Repair, click next and follow. You need to be on-line to do this.

If that doesn't work, uninstall, reboot, install, boot.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Ozon

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2005, 09:57:07 PM »
Hi, thank for your reply. Unfortunately this did not solve the problem. I have tried repair, re-install and even re-download and install. The promels started due to a virus that Norman Antivirus could not remove. I downloaded AVAST to try to remove the virus with this application. I was successful deleting the virus, but I am still not able to start the On-Access scanner. Any other suggestions  ???

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2005, 10:09:38 PM »
Don't tell me you still have some other antivirus installed in the same time on same machine ? As you may or may not know, having two or more antiviruses with resident shields active on the same machine in the same time is not quite clever.

You have to completely uninstall any previous antivirus you have on your system. That includes removing all registry traces as well. Of course, you should uninstall avast! too in this case. When you completely clean your system of all antivirus programs you curently have installed, reboot and perform clean installl of avast! antivirus.

Cheers !
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s