Author Topic: Ads popping up in Avast Taskbar pop up, the kind you see when you get updates.  (Read 6903 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
You can hardly call it an ad as they aren't trying to sell anything, it is a mix of security awareness (how to spot a scam) and a competition to win a chromebook.

Now I won't be entering as I have no need for a chromebook and generally I can spot a scam from a long distance. But there are some who might well be happy to have a chromebook and or benefit from how to spot a scam.

For those that aren't interested, just let the toaster popup close.

Note: Using the show last pop-up won't work as it will show the avast update notification screen, you have to capture it fast before it closes.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Now I won't be entering as I have no need for a chromebook
you can give it to somone........ to me if you win    ;D

Offline EmoHobo

Well as long as I know my Avast is fine, it won't bother me.

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Hi all,

yes I can confirm this is official and legitimate. Just a competition to win a Chromebook. You should see it just twice at maximum during this week.

Regards,
Martin