Author Topic: AVAST 8 Program update! (8.0.1489)  (Read 169862 times)

LarsMo

Re: AVAST 8 Program update! (8.0.1489)
« Reply #90 on: May 18, 2013, 12:10:32 PM »
Hi

I have just updated to the new version, and Avast has just gone mad with false positives (I assume). The program keeps blocking scripts(15 in a few seconds) . I use Firefox (x86) and Avast free antivirus on Win7 home prem (x64).

Is this a known issue with the new program?

ps. I haven't used the forum before so please forgive me if all the necessary information is not provided.

-Lars

*Edit

Some of the scripts:
https://fbstatic-a-akamaihd.net/rsrc.php/v/y5/r/QNxOsuxyVYx.js (blocked 7 times in succession)
https://dub122.mail.live.com/mail/ (blocked 15 times in succession)
http://sciencedaily.com/scripts/functions10.js

All flagged as "Threat:HTML:Script-inf"

Ps. The problem seems to have stopped (been online for an hour, no alerts).

-Lars

« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 11:04:03 PM by LarsMo »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #91 on: May 18, 2013, 12:49:28 PM »
@ LarsMo
Since there is no detailed information about the detections in your post, no one can possibly answer your question.

If you start a new topic in the viruses and worms forum then your question can perhaps be answered.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline RZPogi

« Reply #92 on: May 18, 2013, 01:56:04 PM »
Avast's problems with bayandsl seems to be gone for now. No problem with other philippine ISPs(pldt, globe, etc). Problems seems to be with bayandsl servers because other devices connected to bayandsl loses internet connection from time to time.
DESKTOP: Win 10, Avast 20 Free, Windows firewall, Malwarebytes free

LAPTOP: Win 10, Windows Defender, Malwarebytes free, Windows Firewall, Mcshield

thug4real

« Reply #93 on: May 18, 2013, 02:14:07 PM »
sigh ...

we and avast staff know about Matousec's tests ... for years ...

note: asw, alwil, avast ... same company ...
Yep sad result. I hope to see avast in top 5 in coming years.

micgosc

« Reply #94 on: May 18, 2013, 02:23:18 PM »
I am having the same issue as Lars!! Every time I try to open an email in msn, aol, etc...., it gives me a "malware" block and does not let me open anything! I had to actually disable Avast!  in order to register for this forum as you send an activation link in your email and I could not open it until Avast! was disabled. Please help, as I can not access anything & it didn't start until I installed your newest update, Avast! 8, I believe it was?? I use Firefox also like Lars. Thank you!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #95 on: May 18, 2013, 03:19:11 PM »
I am having the same issue as Lars!! Every time I try to open an email in msn, aol, etc...., it gives me a "malware" block and does not let me open anything! I had to actually disable Avast!  in order to register for this forum as you send an activation link in your email and I could not open it until Avast! was disabled. Please help, as I can not access anything & it didn't start until I installed your newest update, Avast! 8, I believe it was?? I use Firefox also like Lars. Thank you!

There is insufficient information in LarsMo's post to make that determination, but you should monitor this active post related to outlook.com and script shield issues, http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=124566.0.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Lady Fitzgerald

« Reply #96 on: May 19, 2013, 02:15:34 AM »
When I updated Avast from 8.0.1488 to AVAST 8.0.1489 from within Avast, IE10 stopped working. I had to restore my C:/ partition with an image I had taken this morning. When I tried updating Avast again, I lost IE10 again and had to do another restore to get it back.

Offline wizzlbang

« Reply #97 on: May 19, 2013, 09:25:25 AM »
running smoothly, but I also noticed a LOT few files scanned in the files system shield over the day. is there something it's not scanning or doing anymore?

boe323

« Reply #98 on: May 19, 2013, 03:29:11 PM »
I recently decided to use avast premier, and was going to buy a years subscription until I noticed an error in the event log that wont go away, the description for event id 16001 from source AFD cannot be found.  Either the component that raises the event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer. Ive been though all avast premier and everything is running fine, including thew firewall, the  avast firewall driver is installed, no errors are reported from within avast, so I don't know what it is, ive run repair and installed over the top, re installed, updated etc. So unless I can resolve this, I wont be purchasing a subscription.

fantasticlees

« Reply #99 on: May 19, 2013, 03:30:29 PM »
i restored a backup yesterday and didnt even realise there was a version 8.  today  i was looking in the avast program from systray and a single line on opening the avast program interface on my pc said not connected  with avast! account.. no popups or alarms :(. my avast has been saying its up to date after running both program and definition updates. (includes as i type this and i havent yet installed version 8.) anyway went to the WEBSITE avast interface through the link in program (saying not connected to account), i am an IS paid registered user and it after a few minutes then said connected to account on my pc but not on the web interface. not sure if it was  rebooting or logging  off and reconnecting, i did both but it now says connected on devices tab on web interface aswell as my program. anyway reason im commenting here, was browsing avast web interface site and it said version 8..well that flagged minialarm bells as when i noticed it said not connected to avast account in my program, kneejerk reaction, i clicked the manual update, both programs and definitions. as mostly always happens, i got a progress and updated successfully but still showed version 7. at first i thought perhaps only new customers get v8 and 'allreadies' just get v7 updates. however still thinking something up decided to visit here, glad i did. so now i think somethings definitely up :( . this after restoring my system yesterday and running several online scanners(not at same time in order of Eset( pulled up 42 threats incl. downloadadmin,babylon a,c,e, messengerplus,ibryte,askc,somotoA,alllyrics several locations over),then  Housecall, Norton, Kaspersky then back to Avast Main pc program) as a secondary backup to avast after restore.

my system is win7-64 and my avast showing 7.0.1455 program and 130518-1 definitions.  have downloaded version 8 from your site and will install now. just thought id mention this for some feedback. will probably post in another area of this forum too though this is update related.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 03:44:44 PM by chris:) »

Aventador

« Reply #100 on: May 19, 2013, 03:36:53 PM »
Your Avast account has nothing to do with your Avast protecting your pc. Open Avast and go to the settings tab. Click on account and click "disconnect". Close it out. No to Myavastacounnt and remove your device that it shows. Do this under details. Close out your browser. Now reopen Avast and go to settings/account and reconnect to your account.

fantasticlees

« Reply #101 on: May 19, 2013, 03:47:15 PM »
i restored a backup yesterday and didnt even realise there was a version 8.  today  i was looking in the avast program from systray and a single line on opening the avast program interface on my pc said not connected  with avast! account.. no popups or alarms :(. my avast has been saying its up to date after running both program and definition updates. (includes as i type this and i havent yet installed version 8.) anyway went to the WEBSITE avast interface through the link in program (saying not connected to account), i am an IS paid registered user and it after a few minutes then said connected to account on my pc but not on the web interface. not sure if it was  rebooting or logging  off and reconnecting, i did both but it now says connected on devices tab on web interface aswell as my program. anyway reason im commenting here, was browsing avast web interface site and it said version 8..well that flagged minialarm bells as when i noticed it said not connected to avast account in my program, kneejerk reaction, i clicked the manual update, both programs and definitions. as mostly always happens, i got a progress and updated successfully but still showed version 7. at first i thought perhaps only new customers get v8 and 'allreadies' just get v7 updates. however still thinking something up decided to visit here, glad i did. so now i think somethings definitely up :( . this after restoring my system yesterday and running several online scanners(not at same time in order of Eset( pulled up 42 threats incl. downloadadmin,babylon a,c,e, messengerplus,ibryte,askc,somotoA,alllyrics several locations over),then  Housecall, Norton, Kaspersky then back to Avast Main pc program) as a secondary backup to avast after restore.

my system is win7-64 and my avast showing 7.0.1455 program and 130518-1 definitions.  have downloaded version 8 from your site and will install now. just thought id mention this for some feedback. will probably post in another area of this forum too though this is update related.

ok cheers. explains why i wasnt getting popups ,thanks.
as with rest of my post, avast wasnt indicating there was an update and didnt update or tell me about version 8.......

boe323

« Reply #102 on: May 19, 2013, 03:50:18 PM »
Ive just noticed another error in the event log, An IO operation by the registry failed unrecoverably. The registry could not flush the hive (file):"., these erroprs  are something to do with avast, as the y weren't there until I installed avast premier. Please Help. Im willing to let someone remotely connect if it will help anything.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 03:52:26 PM by boe323 »

Aventador

« Reply #103 on: May 19, 2013, 03:51:15 PM »
Program updates are pushed out slowly via the server to the entire world. Some may get it sooner then others. But by default Avast pop up for the program will not show an alert. You can change that in settings. You can also change Avast to install program updates automatically.

Aventador

« Reply #104 on: May 19, 2013, 03:53:29 PM »
Ive just noticed another error in the event log, An IO operation by the registry failed unrecoverably. The registry could not flush the hive (file):"., these erroprs  are something to do with avast, as the y weren't there until I installed avast premier. Please Help. Im willing to let something remotely connect if it will help anything.

That has nothing to do with Avast. Just Google it.