Author Topic: AVAST 8 Program update! (8.0.1489)  (Read 170249 times)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: AVAST 8 Program update! (8.0.1489)
« Reply #135 on: May 24, 2013, 06:48:42 AM »
Hello.I've been having a few problems with avast for the last month ive had to do 5 clean installs of your product avast 8 free.Each time after a few days it becomes avast pro (i havent used system restore) after the latest clean installit worked for a few days then it informed me that a program update was available(4089) I used the update program and it updated I also registered the free version.a day later and it has stopped updating (definition date 18/5/13)and it has reverted to program version 4088 and will not update again to 4089 any ideas .Using Windows XP SP3 thanks

1. Download avast! Free Antivirus: http://files.avast.com/iavs5x/avast_free_antivirus_setup.exe
2. Follow instructions: http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility (Run this tool for all prior installed avast! versions..!!)
3. Reinstall avast! with the downloaded installer from point 1.
4. Reboot.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

gregs243

« Reply #136 on: May 24, 2013, 03:16:30 PM »
Hello.I've been having a few problems with avast for the last month ive had to do 5 clean installs of your product avast 8 free.Each time after a few days it becomes avast pro (i havent used system restore) after the latest clean installit worked for a few days then it informed me that a program update was available(4089) I used the update program and it updated I also registered the free version.a day later and it has stopped updating (definition date 18/5/13)and it has reverted to program version 4088 and will not update again to 4089 any ideas .Using Windows XP SP3 thanks

1. Download avast! Free Antivirus: http://files.avast.com/iavs5x/avast_free_antivirus_setup.exe
2. Follow instructions: http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility (Run this tool for all prior installed avast! versions..!!)
3. Reinstall avast! with the downloaded installer from point 1.
4. Reboot.

Hi,thanks for the reply.As I said in my post ive already done this 5 times I ran the uninstall utility in safe mode for all the versions of avast but each time after a few days it goes wrong.Each time I contact technical support I am sent the same reply,I am now using up a significant part of my monthly download allowance reinstalling avast8. Simply reinstalling does not seem to work for me there must be something on my computer that is corrupting your program.I had no problems untill avast8. I will try another clean install if it goes wrong again ill have no option but to try another antivirus program and see if they work Thanks again for your reply

brucecornell

« Reply #137 on: May 25, 2013, 02:08:25 AM »
Hi, just updated on my windows xp laptop and webrep has now moved from the middle of tasbar at the top to the left which i dont like :( liked it better in the middle and also does not show on my google uk search homepage search results, there are no green bars next to youtube, facebook or hotmail no green bars of webrep showing :( i had the same problem with the previous version, but green bars are showing on the same search results if i use chrome, but i dont want to use chrome as text on my searches is not as clear as on the normal version of google search homepage, please can you fix it so as green bars show on my normal version of google uk search homepage ?
Thanks Bruce.

brucecornell

« Reply #138 on: May 25, 2013, 02:16:08 AM »
Hi, i forgot to say i have avast internet security and webrep green bars are not showing on my google uk search homepage normal version on search results for facebook, youtube, or hotmail which it did before, but it works on chrome searches, but i dont want to use chrome as text on searches is not as clear as my normal version on my laptop, please could you fix this problem as i liked the green bars showing on search results on my normal google uk search homepage :( i had the same problem with previous version of avast internet securityas well, i hope you can fix this ?thanks Bruce.

wjmkoopman

« Reply #139 on: May 25, 2013, 10:31:55 AM »
Hello, i have avast 8.0.1483. This works fine. Yesterday i updated to avast 8.0.1489 and then the problem begins: after a reboot i could not login into my windows 7 ultimate. It says the user does not exist! I tryed it severall times but no succes. There was no other solution then to do a systemrepair. Now it works fine again on avast 8.0.1483
 >:(
Did anyone else have this problem too?

thug4real

« Reply #140 on: May 25, 2013, 12:06:39 PM »
Hello, i have avast 8.0.1483. This works fine. Yesterday i updated to avast 8.0.1489 and then the problem begins: after a reboot i could not login into my windows 7 ultimate. It says the user does not exist! I tryed it severall times but no succes. There was no other solution then to do a systemrepair. Now it works fine again on avast 8.0.1483
You could try a clean install of vers .1849 and see how it's work.

Regards RealNature,

wjmkoopman

« Reply #141 on: May 25, 2013, 12:15:32 PM »

Regards RealNature,

i already did a clean install: same problem

thug4real

« Reply #142 on: May 25, 2013, 01:29:23 PM »
Regards RealNature,

i already did a clean install: same problem
Sorry to hear this, It might be a bug. Start your own topic, to get proper help.

decaf

« Reply #143 on: May 26, 2013, 06:51:16 PM »
Add me to the BSOD folks.

Happy Sunday to me.

Just an FYI because I'm seeing a few responses in the forums below as if this is a rare problem or some inferring the BSOD reporters are only whining or running conflicting software or that the user is doing something to blame themselves.  I suspect that may not be the case in this instance.  Me:  Win 7 x64, standard HP general public mass-produced 2-year-old box with nothing fancy installed and all the fat removed from initial setup, 6GB memory on wired internet broadband, no problems and always running wonderful over the lifetime of this box with Avast from day-one. 

Until 6am-ish this morning at upgrade/reboot to Avast .1489 anyway.  Four hours later I was still trying to get the use of my pc back.  Something fought me even trying to uninstall .1489.  After upgrade/reboot whatever changed Windows just struggled against every keystroke, to BSOD over and over, took down internet connection, IE software wouldn't open from Taskbar button, network/other pc's fine still, Chrome opens but no internet, refused to let me use old system restore points (from safe mode).  Diagnostics run otherwise, no issues anywhere.  Eventually it let me uninstall in safemode.  Anywho running very late now but at least pc back no time to grab whatever file and drop wish I could give it the day but I need to be far far up the road by now sigh:  will revert to .1483 (was where I was before 6am) and as it doesn't seem to be a unique-to-me issue then it will likely be worked out over the next week or so and so I will try updating program again in a few days. 

Interesting though was that I haven't seen a BSOD since Windows 98 SE -- ahhh, my old friend.

But where is the *official* site I can download the old .1483 version from safely?  Very careful where I go these days, and especially in the next few minutes.

thug4real

« Reply #144 on: May 26, 2013, 07:27:30 PM »
But where is the *official* site I can download the old .1483 version from safely?
From here : http://www.filehorse.com/download-avast-antivirus/12945/

Offline Dwarden

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Ideas, that's ocean without borders!
    • Bohemia Interactive
« Reply #145 on: May 26, 2013, 08:39:43 PM »
@decaf , Please check for the corresponding minidump files (in C:\Windows\Minidump) and upload them to ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming
https://twitter.com/FoltynD , Tech. Community, Online Services & Distribution manager of Bohemia Interactive

Lady Fitzgerald

« Reply #146 on: May 26, 2013, 09:52:59 PM »
I first started having problems with 8.0.1489 on my desktop when I let AVAST! update to it. I lost the use of IE10. It would partially start up, then just sit there and laugh at me. I had to restore my boot drive to an earlier state with an mage twice before I figured out it was 8.0.1489 that caused the problem. As long as I don't update, IE10 works just fine.

I had assumed the problem was limited to IE10 but when I tried to update to 8.0.1489 on my notebook, which is still using IE9 (I don't use the notebook often, mostly just when traveling), I got the same problem. Since I'm planning on restoring the notebook to the factory state, I need to be able to install the version of AVAST! previous to 8.0.1489. Is that possible? Since this has happened on two completely different computers, I'm reasonably confident the problem is with 8.0.1489!

thug4real

« Reply #147 on: May 26, 2013, 10:06:53 PM »
I first started having problems with 8.0.1489 on my desktop when I let AVAST! update to it. I lost the use of IE10. It would partially start up, then just sit there and laugh at me. I had to restore my boot drive to an earlier state with an mage twice before I figured out it was 8.0.1489 that caused the problem. As long as I don't update, IE10 works just fine.

I had assumed the problem was limited to IE10 but when I tried to update to 8.0.1489 on my notebook, which is still using IE9 (I don't use the notebook often, mostly just when traveling), I got the same problem. Since I'm planning on restoring the notebook to the factory state, I need to be able to install the version of AVAST! previous to 8.0.1489. Is that possible? Since this has happened on two completely different computers, I'm reasonably confident the problem is with 8.0.1489!
Yes you can downgrade to .1483 http://www.filehorse.com/download-avast-antivirus/12945/

Lady Fitzgerald

« Reply #148 on: May 26, 2013, 11:22:47 PM »

Yes you can downgrade to .1483 http://www.filehorse.com/download-avast-antivirus/12945/

Thank you!

st4rdog

« Reply #149 on: May 27, 2013, 09:21:12 PM »
This update breaks the Unity 3D game engine completely...

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/172759-Unity-4-0-1f2-and-avast-8-0-1482-quot-getThreadContextfailed-quot-error

It's being overly touchy about what Unity does, particularly involving threads. What change did you make that would do this? You need to revert it ASAP.

Avast is also causing a break in compiled programs.

Did a fresh install of Avast and error happened after about 2 hours. So, not fixed. Just uninstalled Avast again so I can keep working. Going to switch to Norton, but this needs to be fixed, preferably by Avast. Somebody from Unity should contact them.
I have just receive a feedback from Avast Tech support. They don't seem to be doing anything about this problem. Just telling me how to deal with AV exclusion and we already tried this option without success (I will try again soon)... Here is the solution he gave me :
Unity version 4.1.2f1 - only major change made on my computer was todays update of Avast (v8.0.1489). The first time I had gTC error was also after Avast update.

How can I download older builds of Avast?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 09:46:05 PM by st4rdog »