Author Topic: "invalid context during scan" message.........  (Read 4323 times)

bonsai

"invalid context during scan" message.........
« on: May 09, 2013, 10:44:14 PM »

hi there! new to the board-and, honestly, probably safe to say i am rather "technology challenged". i have an android smartphone (since last spring) that i downloaded avast mobile security. i am now receiving problems found in the virus scanner. at the moment it is showing 21 problems found. if i click on one of the listed, i get "select action" and below that it shows uninstall, report as false positive, ignore, and more info. have to admit, i am kinda lost. any advice would be greatly appreciated.  :-\

btw, i believe it started with a couple 3 problems, but, seems like the number keeps advancing upwards.

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: "invalid context during scan" message.........
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 11:13:49 PM »
Hi,

to make things easier for you (you gonna have to set up Mobile Security again though :( ), go to your device Settings-Applications-avast! Mobile Security and press Clear data. It will fix your problem, but as I said, you are going to have to set up Mobile Security almost from scratch (not Anti-Theft though if you have it installed, it will remain as it was before).

Filip

Offline SugarD-x

• Proud Avast! User
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 02:07:09 AM »
So this is a known issue then Filip? I just started getting the "invalid context during scan" message recently, but it's only on one item on my SD card, and I have no idea what it is going to. It appears to be some sort of data or cache file for an app I don't even use. :P
~SugarD-x~

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 10:38:08 AM »
Hi,

does it still happen even with the latest version? Can you try to find out to which app the file belongs to so I could try to reproduce it?

Filip

Offline SugarD-x

• Proud Avast! User
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 10:47:40 AM »
Hi,

does it still happen even with the latest version? Can you try to find out to which app the file belongs to so I could try to reproduce it?

Filip
It appears to have stopped for me after the recent update, but I will continue to watch things and see if it returns. Not sure about the original poster, though.
~SugarD-x~