Author Topic: Need to add a program to a "whitelist" (avast antivirus free)  (Read 62908 times)

SaxTeacher

I just got a new computer, running Windows 7.  I installed Avast Free Antivirus on it, then installed Logitech Media Server, a set of two programs that lets me stream mp3s to my internet radio.

Whenever I start either of the two Logitech Media Server programs, Avast Free Antivirus pops up a window saying "analyzing suspicious program..." with a "Terminate Now" button (reason: low prevalence)

I then have to wait ten seconds, and eventually I see "Avast! has finished analysis of the program" and I have a button to "Continue execution"

I need to add these two programs to a whitelist. But although I have searched and searched through the Avast Free Antivirus program, I cannot find anywhere to add them.

I called Avast tech support to ask how to add these programs to a whitelist, and they told me "the version you're using doesn't have a whitelist."  Huh? They were unable to provide any further help.

What do I do now?

MaxReed

Re: Need to add a program to a "whitelist" (avast antivirus free)
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 02:36:55 PM »
You can add an exclusion in "File System Shield" option. You have to add the entire folder.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 02:59:53 PM »
You should get an option within the popup to add the detected file to the auto sandbox trusted list, if not you would add the exclusion manually.

SaxTeacher

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 03:16:01 PM »
You should get an option within the popup to add the detected file to the auto sandbox trusted list, if not you would add the exclusion manually.

No - unfortunately there is no such option given in the popup.

SaxTeacher

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 03:16:43 PM »
You can add an exclusion in "File System Shield" option. You have to add the entire folder.

Where in Avast Free Antivirus can I find the "File System Shield" option?

MaxReed

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 03:25:00 PM »
see the attachments. Clicking on "Options" (It should be Options in english version), a window will be open and then click on exclusion and add the directory of the program you need

MaxReed

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2013, 03:32:44 PM »
or you can add the exclusion to the sandbox but you have to set the status of the AutoSandbox to ask and when you will try to open the program, you will check the box to add the program to trusted list...

sorry I've forgot it  :P

Roda00

How to whielist a game
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2014, 07:00:50 PM »
I bought NBA 2k14 and when I started instaling it said that the dynamic library rld.dll failed to load. I know that antivirus software is false detecting the file in which case I need to whitelist the folder. Any help how to do it  ???

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2014, 07:09:28 PM »
Did you get any popup announcing the detection?