Author Topic: removing a threat  (Read 1722 times)

gofour

removing a threat
« on: May 09, 2013, 07:05:20 PM »
Avast intercepted a threat labeled ,( WIN32:Hupigon-ONX(trj) ). I was given the option to remove to virus chest, when this was done, I was notified that this wasnt possible because it was running with another program. I then tried to delete this threat after a requested reboot with this option and the threat was still present with a request for another reboot.? I'm really not sure now how to proceed with this threat or if there is any thing I can do. Need some expertise here. ,,,,,,,,,,,,, Gofour

Offline mikaelrask

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: removing a threat
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 07:20:14 PM »
hey i suggest yuo follow this guide and attach your logs

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0

we need the log fom otl,mbam,adclener, awsmbr.
Windows 8.1 amd a10-5700 64 bit
12 GB ram 1 tb hard drive. Avast 18, MBAM

Offline Left123

• There Is No Patch For Human Stupidity.
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • Proud Community Member&Helper.
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 02:45:09 AM »
Hi,
You may want to look here while you wait for help http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=57768.0 .
Instead of Hupigon,i read Hidrag,lul.  :-[
Regards,
Philip
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 02:50:58 AM by Left123 »
AMD Athlon(tm) X2 Dual-Core Processor 4200+ - 2.20 GHz,3,00 GB RAM -
Browser:Mozilla Firefox +WOT - SoftWare:CCleaner - Windows 7 32 bit
No Anti-Virus

gofour

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 06:50:46 PM »
Thank you all for your replys on this older threat that I discovered on an Avast scan that I have just recently ran. I've read quite a few of the commentary's written about the WIN32:Hupigon-ONX(trj) threat. I'm not very high up on the tech side computers, so from what I have gleaned from going over some of the earlier concerns, it seems I shouldn't have to worry about any further problems with this Malware/virus as the the prescribed remedy from Avast seems to be sufficient for this bug. Thank you all for your quick and helpfull response to my query on this matter.,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Gofour

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 06:58:09 PM »
if you want a check, follow the guide mikaelrask gave you, and an removal expert wil take a look inside