Author Topic: Windows 8: Black Screen after Logging In  (Read 49499 times)

computechnopro

Re: Windows 8: Black Screen after Logging In
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2013, 04:01:48 PM »
I can't get to the desktop using Windows button and D. And I can't get task manager to pop up. A window appears but before it becomes the task manager, it disappears after about 1/2 second. I can't get past the black screen / mouse cursor. Occasionally I get a flashing blue screen where the whole screen flashes blue/off/blue/off etc. Luckily I don't suffer epilepsy....

Everything was fine before I installed Avast. Now I can't get to the desktop. What a mess.

Can I boot up from some form of bootable drive and fix it that way? It seems unlikely I can fix it from within Windows as I can't get into Windows to start with....

HELP.

FOR PEOPLE WHO CAN'T ACCESS TASK MANAGER or SAFE MODE, I HAVE FOUND ANOTHER METHOD..

After login, Press Ctrl+Alt+Del then, click on the Power button. It'll show some error, click OK.
Then, there will be an Error Report. Click on More Details, Scroll down & click on the last Hyperlink (Blue, underlined test). This will open text report in Wordpad.
Click File -> Open. Select All Documents from the dropdown menu at the right-bottom of the window.
Browse to "C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast" & look for AvastUI, Right-click on it & Run as Administrator..
Now you can add the explorer.exe & SystemSettings.exe to Behavioral Shield exceptions as mentioned everywhere.. Restart...
Enjoy!!

gbreaker

Re: Windows 8: Black Screen after Logging In
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2013, 07:36:08 PM »
I can't get to the desktop using Windows button and D. And I can't get task manager to pop up. A window appears but before it becomes the task manager, it disappears after about 1/2 second. I can't get past the black screen / mouse cursor. Occasionally I get a flashing blue screen where the whole screen flashes blue/off/blue/off etc. Luckily I don't suffer epilepsy....

Everything was fine before I installed Avast. Now I can't get to the desktop. What a mess.

Can I boot up from some form of bootable drive and fix it that way? It seems unlikely I can fix it from within Windows as I can't get into Windows to start with....

HELP.

FOR PEOPLE WHO CAN'T ACCESS TASK MANAGER or SAFE MODE, I HAVE FOUND ANOTHER METHOD..

After login, Press Ctrl+Alt+Del then, click on the Power button. It'll show some error, click OK.
Then, there will be an Error Report. Click on More Details, Scroll down & click on the last Hyperlink (Blue, underlined test). This will open text report in Wordpad.
Click File -> Open. Select All Documents from the dropdown menu at the right-bottom of the window.
Browse to "C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast" & look for AvastUI, Right-click on it & Run as Administrator..
Now you can add the explorer.exe & SystemSettings.exe to Behavioral Shield exceptions as mentioned everywhere.. Restart...
Enjoy!!

i try your method it show only error and nor more detail 

it show only failure to display security and shutdown options

and have only ok button

after click ok   nothing happen
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 07:41:20 PM by gbreaker »