Author Topic: Avast blocked exe-file, which Visual Studio compiled with own generated code!  (Read 7954 times)

Tolias

I use Visual Studio 2012 for creating programs in C++ language. After creating new project with default settings (Win32 project) Visual Studio generated own default code. I pressed F5 for compile this code to exe-file. After this Avast said, tha suspicious file blocked (Win32:Evo-gen [Susp]) and moved my exe-file to chest.

Button "Add the file to the scan exclusion list" absolutely not worked! I pressed it, but nothing happens! Even this red window does not close.

What is this mess??

P.S. File, which compiled by Visual Studio with default code: http://hidescreener.com/downloads/?r=CppSendKeys.zip
P.P.S. Avast 8.0.1483. Virus definitions: 130512-0. My operating system: Windows 8 x64
P.P.P.S. Sorry for my english. I live in Ukraine, and my native languages is Russian and Ukrainian.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 12:06:28 PM by Tolias »

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
hi Tolias,

You can submit your file to avast! as a false positive from the quarantine/virus chest and use the text box to explain why it is a false positive.  Locate your file within the chest and right-click and select the appropriate option to send it off to avast!  Don't worry, a copy only will be sent, the original will remain in the box.

Your English is fine and dandy.

You can also send a copy to Virus Total dot com for analysis by 40+ virus scanners:  https://www.virustotal.com/en/  As you live in another area, might be more understandable for you to also choose your native language, Urkranian as well.

To be able to move a copy of this file out of the virus chest to scan @ Virus Total, you will need to do the following:
(below instructions courtesy of avast user DavidR)
  • On the root of the main operating system drive, create a new folder.  Name that folder "Suspect" without the quotes.
  • Open Avast! program and select Settings upper right hand corner by clicking it.
  • Click the Global Settings tab, then enter the path to the new Suspect folder you have created.  Use the Browse button to do this.  Navigated path should look like this when done:  C:\Suspect\*
  • Copy your file while in the virus chest and paste it into the Suspect folder.  You now should be able to send it off to Virus Total and scan.  Post scan results here in your next reply.
Hope this helps somewhat.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801