Author Topic: Antitheft app with personal name disappeared - no setup/reinstall possible  (Read 2030 times)

REDACTED

After the installation of the installer-app the freshly downloaded antitheft app came with a personalized name and told me to do some kind of back up so it would survive a hard reset. I wasn't sure if my device (galaxy young) had a nand protection, so i left the menu to finish the set up later.

Now i cannot do anything! I do not find the app anywhere (only in the systems app list where i cannot uninstall it) and cannot finish the set up. Just before it was listed in the apps menu - suddenly it is gone!

The antitheft installer tells me "This device is already protected" and refuses service.  :(
My online avast account tells me "You don't have any devices connected to your Account yet."  >:(

What can i do to complete setup? Or at least uninstall (galaxy young has not much internal storage)? Please help me.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 04:40:37 PM by Doctarius »

REDACTED

Re: Antitheft app with personal name disappeared - no setup/reinstall possible
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 01:33:41 PM »
Same to me :-(
I have installed the root AntiTheft and rebooted.

Now no icon, no app :-(
I don't find it in Titanium Backup with my given name and can start it.

If I start the AntiTheft root again it will be again downloaded and installed.

In Mobile Security if I try to install the "non root" version I get it is installed but not "registered".
If I try to uninstall within Mobile Security I get "it is not installed".

REDACTED

Re: Antitheft app with personal name disappeared - no setup/reinstall possible
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 11:00:57 PM »
Enter your Avast PIN as you would dial a number.

You should be able to solve your problems then.