Author Topic: Auto updating of drivers  (Read 12858 times)

Aventador

Re: Auto updating of drivers
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2013, 03:28:00 PM »
Can't agree with you more Bob. The only exception is gamers. Video card drivers are always changing to keep up with the latest game releases.

Dch48

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2013, 06:40:22 PM »
Can't agree with you more Bob. The only exception is gamers. Video card drivers are always changing to keep up with the latest game releases.
But even those are sometimes aimed at the latest and greatest cards out there and will have no benefit for people using older hardware. Sometimes the performance can even drop.

Aventador

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2013, 07:29:54 PM »
You were never a gamer I take it. I was a pc gamer for years now I just game on my XBOX. When AMD or Nvidia release new drivers it's mainly to increase FPS. Or because the latest games have driver conflicts. Game manufacture and GPU manufactures work in conjunction with each other.

Dch48

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2013, 10:09:31 PM »
You were never a gamer I take it. I was a pc gamer for years now I just game on my XBOX. When AMD or Nvidia release new drivers it's mainly to increase FPS. Or because the latest games have driver conflicts. Game manufacture and GPU manufactures work in conjunction with each other.
On the contrary , I am a pretty heavy gamer. The latest AMD driver concentrates it's improvements on the 7900 series of cards. For people using any of the 6000x series cards, there is little or no benefit. There is also the fact that many of the latest AMD drivers have been to fix problems with multi-gpu setups which I have never had and new Catalyst Application Profiles which have to do with multi-gpus on specific games. Again I have no need for that. Only people who stay on the cutting edge of graphics technology have benefitted from the last couple of releases. I'm a gamer but I'm not a fanatic about it. I play all my games on the laptop listed in my signature. I did update to the latest driver but it made no difference in performance at all so wasn't really necessary.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 10:18:02 PM by Dch48 »