Author Topic: Several Issues with Avast SOA and Endpoint Protection Suite  (Read 4339 times)

SimplifyCorp

I don't hold much hope to get any help as my last post requesting help didn't receive any replies, but here goes.

Current Setup:
Avast! SOA v1.2.2.28, Database v1450 (checked for updates in web console and it said it was up to date)
Avast! Endpoint Protection Suite v7.0.1455, Definitions v130507-0 (again, checked and it states all up to date)

Issue:

1) As of the latest updates, Avast is now flagging two dll files that are a part of our backup program we use for our company client terminals called NovaStor via the File Shield.  In doing so, it is causing the backup software to disconnect from the backup server and fail alongside corrupting the backups.  I have attempted to add the entire NovaStor folder from the programs directory to the exclusion list, but this did nothing.  In testing, if I disable the file shield, I am able to run the NovaStor program without issues, but that would mean to active file scanning with the antivirus portion of the program.  I have submitted the dlls in as "False Positives" and submitted an "Emergency" ticket into the system (why would you not provide your business customers a phone number to call is just stupid  >:(), but based on a previous ticket I submitted it can take them 24 to 48 hours to even get a response which, again, is a pathetic SLA time.  Currently, I am right at 24 hours since an "Emergency" tickte was put in.

2) In SOA, I am getting misreads all over the place.  By this I mean that it is reading some servers and PCs that don't even have Avast nor ever will have an antivirus and flagging them.  Also, those that it correctly links up with, it will randomly then drop off later and does not reconnect.  I understand that clients will disconnect when computers turn off or are not connected to the internet, but they should automatically reconnect and mine don't.  I have to manually "fix" them in SOA to have them show up again.

Anyhelp with either issue, especially the first, would be greatly appreciated.

SimplifyCorp

Re: Several Issues with Avast SOA and Endpoint Protection Suite
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 10:33:14 PM »
Over 24 hours and no response yet.  Still dead in the water.  Need some help please...

SimplifyCorp

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 04:31:24 PM »
Now going on 48 hours with no response from the ticket I put in to Avast.  Putting another in ticket...

nannunannu

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 06:06:26 PM »
especially the first, would be greatly appreciated.

You probably added your exclusions under the manual scan options, not the real time shield options. 

In SOA - under network - group view - select the appropriate group - edit group settings - sheidls settings - file system shield - exclusions:

Add your exclusion there.  also, consider adding \\* to the exclusions list if you run AV on your servers that host the network volumes, that way your clients and servers aren't both trying to real time scan files upon access.

Good luck!

RAFT IT

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 09:20:25 PM »
I came here with the same issue.  I knew I needed to add an exclusion for the real time File Shield but couldn't figure out where to do it.  Now I know.  Thanks!

Offline WWWolf

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 05:51:43 PM »
I have had similar issues with different software and wound up placing exclusions all over the place.  I eventually found the best place to add the exclusions is under Group Settings > Shields settings - File System shield tab > Exclusions.  The main "Exclusions " section under group settings only applies to on-demand and scheduled scans - not the real-time scans.