Author Topic: Kerio is the ticket!  (Read 26259 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Kerio is the ticket!
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2005, 05:26:21 PM »
Technical, here I am again with another noob question. Has the VisualZone program been tested by you or by others who are competent to insure it contains no hacks or spyware? I suspect you must feel it is safe since you are recommending it, but felt i should double check before adding it to my system. Thanks......Smoke
VisualZone is a log file analyser.
No spyware, no adware, safe and secure.
It has a feature to 'back trace' the intrusions. You can use or not (called DShield if I do not forget...).
The best things in life are free.

smokethapimp

« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2005, 06:13:14 PM »
Technical, here I am again with another noob question. Has the VisualZone program been tested by you or by others who are competent to insure it contains no hacks or spyware? I suspect you must feel it is safe since you are recommending it, but felt i should double check before adding it to my system. Thanks......Smoke
VisualZone is a log file analyser.
No spyware, no adware, safe and secure.
It has a feature to 'back trace' the intrusions. You can use or not (called DShield if I do not forget...).

Technical, thank you for your reply. I had already searched for reviews of VisualZone on the internet, but there were very few and they lacked depth and detail. I am trying to decide if I want to try it. Does it use much memory/resources?

I have Windows 98SE, 512mb of 333ddr memory, Athlon XP2100+(1733mhz clock)  but running ZoneAlarm(latest version) and Avast!Home (4.6.623) at startup takes me all the way down to 70% on my resources! :'(

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2005, 03:43:43 AM »
Technical, thank you for your reply. I had already searched for reviews of VisualZone on the internet, but there were very few and they lacked depth and detail. I am trying to decide if I want to try it. Does it use much memory/resources?

I have Windows 98SE, 512mb of 333ddr memory, Athlon XP2100+(1733mhz clock)  but running ZoneAlarm(latest version) and Avast!Home (4.6.623) at startup takes me all the way down to 70% on my resources! :'(
I see no problem with your computer but... see, Visual Zone is not a firewall, it's just a tool to analyse the ZoneAlarm logs...
It does not take much resources and you can disable it whenever you need/want...
Opening it again it will analyse all log file since you boot  8)
The best things in life are free.

smokethapimp

« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2005, 09:38:50 AM »
Thank you again, Technical! ;D

Goner

« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2005, 11:58:02 AM »
this might be a bit off-topic, but ...

thanks for the tip on Kerio !
i was using ZoneAlarm on my laptop and Outpost 2.5 on my desktop at home. very happy with OP, but ZA started to annoy me when vsmon.exe started using almost 100% cpu during downloads (with Firefox).
going to try Kerio 4.1.3 ... looks nice  ;-)

only thing i "miss" in Kerio (and ZA) are the rules that you can define for applications.

edit : oh wait, you can "create advanced filter rules" when setting up a new app. in Kerio ... i'll have a look.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2005, 01:50:33 PM by Goner »