Author Topic: Boot Scan  (Read 5418 times)

avast_user_370

Boot Scan
« on: April 01, 2005, 10:41:29 PM »
How can I run a boot scan? Dont ask why I want to do it, I just want to! Please just make a fast and easy guide to enable it at next boot or something like that.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Boot Scan
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2005, 10:46:46 PM »
Totally depends on your OS which you haven't mentioned.

If you have and NT based OS, such as XP, then you can schedule it from within avast, also see avast help file -   avast! - help: simple user interface 'How To'

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

avast_user_370

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2005, 11:00:44 PM »
Totally depends on your OS which you haven't mentioned.

If you have and NT based OS, such as XP, then you can schedule it from within avast, also see avast help file -   avast! - help: simple user interface 'How To'

Well, no idea what NT and OS means, but no such thing as "schedule boot scan" icon appears when right clicking it. And I get the "A Virus Was Found!" message often, it complains about the trojan.gen virus I saw here, on the forums, and about the Win32:Korgo-V [Wrm] worm, and I really have to boot scan, to remove them, Im scared actualy, got no way to backup, got no time either, Im attending a LAN, and messages about exploits from LSASS from some number adress appears, also the DCOM exploit, I took a screenshot of the message, the number is 10.0.1.137:135/tcp (for the DCOM), please help me!

avast_user_370

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2005, 11:15:31 PM »
The help says I need the proffesional edition, which I cant afford!

maxell

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2005, 11:34:45 PM »
I am running free Avast! 4 home edition and windows XP home edition.  This is how it works for me.  

1.  Right click on the Avast! icon and select "Start avast! Antivirus"
2.  After avast! starts, from the top menu bar click "settings"
3.  From the next drop down menu, click "Schedule Boot-Time Scan..."
4.  From the pop-up box that appears, make any changes to how the scan will operate (if you wish), then click "schedule"
5.  You will then be prompted to restart your system.

This should get you to the boot-time scan.  There are instructions in this forum to further help remove stubborn nasties if necessary.  I do not know how, and would need to search for those instructions myself.  Come back if you need more help as there are many knowledgeable people here willing to help.

neiby

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2005, 11:45:13 PM »

OS = Operation System. What OS are you using? Possibly Windows 98 or something else?

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2005, 12:37:47 AM »

I see nothing that says you need the Pro Version (I'm using the Home version as well).
Scheduling the Boot Time Scan

Click on the Menu button.
Choose Schedule Boot Time Scan.
Doing so displays a dialog allowing you to schedule virus scanning.
Check Archives, if you want scan all the archives.
Specify whether all the disks or just a specific folder should be scanned.
Select Advanced options for scheduling details.
Select how to automatically process infected files.
Choose how to automatically process infected system files.
Click the Schedule button to confirm the settings.

For the most part you won't require the archive scan or Advanced Options.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2005, 12:54:02 AM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

lee16

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2005, 01:03:41 PM »
For the most part you won't require the archive scan or Advanced Options.

Well without having more info on his virus/malware problem, i would say having scan inside Archives enabled is a good idea.

As said earlier, OS = Operation System (examples are win98, win2000 and winXP)

NT = is a type of OS

Also Boot time scan is not available in Win9x/ME systems, its only available in win2000/XP systems. (boot time scan is in Home and Pro versions)

--lee

whocares

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2005, 03:34:48 PM »

it complains ... about the Win32:Korgo-V [Wrm] worm, and I really have to boot scan, to remove them, Im scared actualy, got no way to backup, got no time either, Im attending a LAN, and messages about exploits from LSASS from some number adress appears, also the DCOM exploit, I took a screenshot of the message, the number is 10.0.1.137:135/tcp (for the DCOM), please help me!

That's just the ticket..
attending a LAN with no backup, no patches, no Firewall, no clue

-> Sounds to me like bungee-jumping without the elastic  ;D

-> you should disconnect immediately from network/inet, and then either format & PROPERLY reinstall & secure your system, or come back for more info on Cleaning prodedure..

;)