Author Topic: Avast Stopped the download of a file i was retrieving on google chrome....  (Read 3511 times)

asds999

So here i was minding my own business downloading a patch update on my game, i know for a fact this download is safe because its from nosteam(free games group), and if it was a real virus then others would complain on the forums about how they were infected with a virus.  So i started the download (about 267mb which is a large file to chrome and my internet is slow) after a little bit avast warns me that this is looking like a virus, i ignore avast because it ALWAYS says that when i download anything and my computer is COMPLETELY fine!  So finally after 2 hours of downloading it gets to 266 of 267 downloaded and it says "wait 17 seconds".  Then Avast the jerk comes in and completely cancels the download and im sitting there starring at a "download error" message at the bottom of the webpage... This is completely over controlling, i don't give a crap if you tell me that my files may be dangerous, just don't freaking take control and completely cancel the download... wow... just great... so now i must wait another 2 hours and this time making sure that stupid avast web shield is OFF.  O-F-F spell it with me guys... just freaking ridiculous.  and the funny thing is... its never done this to any of my other files?  HAHAHA THAT'S SO FUNNY RIGHT?  RIGHT GUYS???

asds999

OK??? SO APPARENTLY STOPPING THE WEB SHIELD DID NOT FREAKING WORK?  EVERYTIME I DOWNLOAD THIS FILE AVAST DECIDES TO TAKE OVER CONTROL. so tell me how the HECK im supposed to update the latest patch for my game if AVAST is deleting the file? HUH??????

marc-d-l

Just because nobody reported it doesn't mean its safe.Just maybe avast is telling you something.

Aventador

Link us to the file and let's see if it's legit. What exactly are you downloading and from what sure? Sure you aren't downloading a "no cd" crack?