Author Topic: aswmon2.sys  (Read 5658 times)

lorry

aswmon2.sys
« on: March 30, 2005, 04:42:08 PM »
Hi,
In the past week, I have been getting several blue screens about a physical memory dump and it lists the file name that caused the problem, aswmon2.sys. I have the latest updates and version of avast. Can someone help me with this? This can happen several times a day. So far today i've had two blue screens and that was after a fresh reboot. Please any advice would be a relief, I love avast and want to correct this asap, thanks.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: aswmon2.sys
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2005, 04:52:23 PM »
Can you send us the corresponding dumps? (minidumps would be OK for a start)

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2005, 07:48:30 PM »
I'm courious about the dumps.
I'm sorry to say that this is most likely a hardware problem (typically a faulty RAM) - we're very confident in the stability of our kernel-mode drivers.

Alternatively, it could be a collision with another program running on your machine.

Anyway, without the dumps, it's really very hard to say.

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

lorry

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2005, 09:26:29 PM »
Here you go. Just replaced the memory thinking that was the problem. I apologize I deleted all prefetch and temp files to see if that was the problem. went thru the registry as well.  I'm confused why it's doing it. I even did a complete uninstall and reinstalled as well. She crashed again today. Next time i'll save the files and send them to you.