Author Topic: sirefef-PL files crypted  (Read 6617 times)

borisnd

Re: sirefef-PL files crypted
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2013, 08:45:16 PM »
There is only one restore point available and it was automatically done when I ran combofix. My disk space is almost full, it is probably the reason for which windows didn't keep previous restoration points.

Until now I didn't find anything that could help me recover my files. All king of things I saved from the beginning of my life.

--
Sorry for mistakes, English is not my main language.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2013, 09:03:26 PM »
Unfortunately I have been unable to locate anything approaching a cure for this, it may well be a month or so before one of the labs cracks it and then they will probably need to be very lucky.

This is the only option offered at the moment
10.Unfortunately, at this time there is no decryptor for the files that have been encrypted by this malware. This means that you will need to restore from a backup or attempt to restore from a previous version using Windows. To restore from a previous version when there is no backup available, please rename the file to its original filename. Then right-click on it and select Properties. When the Properties window opens, click on the Previous Versions tab. You will now be shown a screen screen that lists any previous versions you may have of this file. If you find any, backup the existing encrypted file and then restore the previous version. Windows will then restore the older file and overwrite the encrypted one.

borisnd

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2013, 09:16:25 PM »
It looks like the first thing I can do is to rename all files to the original name, by removing extra .html extension? Do you know a script that can do that?

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes