Author Topic: What would you like to see in the review?  (Read 9757 times)

RickW

Re: What would you like to see in the review?
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2005, 08:38:38 PM »
RickW wrote:
I do see one advantage to it though... If you can completely reskin software, including logo replacement and custom About info, it is a great feature to redistributors.  So let's say I would like to lease someone else's product, then resell it as my own - just slap on a new look, setup my own customer service department, and I'm in business.  Hmm... that makes me think...

I wouldn't go that far... that's why we have lawyers. That's exactly their field. If I see someone is using my own product copyrighted by me, under his/her name, I wouldn't hersitate a second, and I would immediately report it and let my lawyer do the rest. Making programs is serious and not easy at all business, so everyone should be very aware of that fact.

S.Z.Craftec - Sorry but you entirely missed what I was saying.   :o   Any attempts at reskinning another vendor's software and reselling it under a different brand, would be part of a legal contract and the vendor would be making money off the deal.  Leasing = Licensing = "Renting" another company's product for resell.