Author Topic: 10 days Left on Free Avast....  (Read 6658 times)

NorPlan

10 days Left on Free Avast....
« on: May 17, 2013, 09:46:33 PM »
 8) ??? I have 10 days left on my Free Avast and want to Re Register...I'm trying to follow the prompts..Need some help , Please & Thanks

Offline =SKY=

• Super Poster
Re: 10 days Left on Free Avast....
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 10:24:32 PM »
Does this Thread help you?

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=112060.0

PS: Welcome to the forum(s)! ;)
Win11 Home [x64] 23H2 @ Windows Defender | FF ESR |
My oldest darling: W2k Pro SP4 & UR1 @ avast! Free Antivirus 8.0.1497 | Palemoon & K-Meleon [BOTH MODIFIED for W2k] |

Aventador

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 11:01:39 PM »
Right here. Everything you need is right on the Avast main site.

http://www.avast.com/en-us/registration-free-antivirus.php

NorPlan

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 02:12:51 AM »
Right here. Everything you need is right on the Avast main site.

http://www.avast.com/en-us/registration-free-antivirus.php

:) ;)  I followed the Prompts to obtaining a New Registration Key...That part was Successful, But now I'm following the prompts to insert the License Key..Only getting as far as to Copy and then go to Maintenance tab on the left side of the Free Avast page...It says to click on Registration... No Registration tab ??

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2013, 02:29:31 AM »
What avast version do you have 8.0.1489 is the latest.

If you have avast 8 free then your screen should like similar to this (although my registration has lots of time left, image1), below the Insert License file there should be another option - Offline Registration, Insert the license key, image2.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

NorPlan

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2013, 02:41:24 PM »

If you have avast 8 free then your screen should like similar to this (although my registration has lots of time left, image1), below the Insert License file there should be another option - Offline Registration, Insert the license key, image2.

:o :(  7.0.1455    ;) :)  My Computer Illiteracy is coming out....I even went to FAQ and tried by following the prompts..Told me to Right Click on Avast Ball and click on Registration Information line... Again No such line....????
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 02:48:13 PM by NorPlan »

Aventador

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2013, 02:52:10 PM »
Take the key sent in your email and insert it into Avast. Its that easy. Your Avast is also out of date. Your using an older version. Why dont you try uninstalling your Avast and installing the latest version.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2013, 03:05:01 PM »
There are two methods of registering for, and inserting, the avast! Free Antivirus 7.x license key:
https://support.avast.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=1073

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2013, 03:37:46 PM »

:o :(  7.0.1455    ;) :)  My Computer Illiteracy is coming out....I even went to FAQ and tried by following the prompts..Told me to Right Click on Avast Ball and click on Registration Information line... Again No such line....????

Then your screen with avast 7 should look like this one (attached image), when you click the Insert license key.

If this isn't the same or similar screen I believe you have a bigger problem, if it doesn't say Registration, it could be a corrupt update and you now appear to have an avast Pro trial version.

Is there a tab for Subscription ?
If so that confirms my suspicions above. You will probably have to do a clean reinstall of avast free, more on how to do that if it is required.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

NorPlan

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2013, 04:20:07 PM »
Take the key sent in your email and insert it into Avast. Its that easy. Your Avast is also out of date. Your using an older version. Why dont you try uninstalling your Avast and installing the latest version.

:) ;) @Aventador....Thanks I went the Uninstall route and Installed the latest version..All is Well...I use the Firefox Browser so having a Look See with this Google Chrome...I need my Spell Check...LOL....

Aventador

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2013, 04:33:20 PM »

:) ;) @Aventador....Thanks I went the Uninstall route and Installed the latest version..All is Well...I use the Firefox Browser so having a Look See with this Google Chrome...I need my Spell Check...LOL....

Your welcome. Anytime. Google Chrome is awesome. Safe, fast and efficient.