Author Topic: kindle fire hd authentication failed  (Read 4331 times)

mjltigger

kindle fire hd authentication failed
« on: December 01, 2013, 11:06:30 AM »
So my rooted fire hd with Google services and play store installed will recognise my subscription to mobile security but will not recognise my avast account.. it says authentication failed without asking for a password.. how do I get round that...

Offline Werner

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Re: kindle fire hd authentication failed
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 08:57:51 AM »
Hello,

a diagnosis is hardly possible without the device at hand.
Usually problems like this are fixed by deleting your avast! account online and creating it newly in Anti-Theft -> avast! Account

mjltigger

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 06:18:29 PM »
Thank you for your reply.

The problem is I have other devices on the account and they work well.. I wouldn't want to risk having to reconnect all the devices that work unless that is definitely going to fix the issue.. I guess I will see if I can get it to work by creating a second account...

mjltigger

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 06:25:45 PM »
Ok.. I tried that, using an email address that does not currently have an avast account but the result is the same...

mjltigger

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 06:28:18 PM »
And again. I created and verified a new avast account with a new email and still no change... btw I have tried reinstalling Google services and uninstalling and reinstalling avast

svehlak

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 06:26:52 PM »
Can you advise which version of Google framework and services you have installed? Also the authentication error (code) would be helpful..