Author Topic: WEB protection unable to activate, should i be worried?  (Read 3642 times)

golthrim

WEB protection unable to activate, should i be worried?
« on: May 19, 2013, 01:54:09 PM »
I use the free version and has done so for many years and i am very happy with it never any problems until today when i turned off all 8 protections using the rightclick options in the avast button in the toolbar. After a few seconds i reactivated all 8 protections using the same rightclick options but now only 7 out of 8 protections are active and the missing one, the WEBprotection is unable to start. I tried to update the program but it says its the lates verion and i manually updated it anyways, but still the WEBprotection module is not active and will not be started either manually or by rebooting the program, any ideas what to do coz i dont wanna use the web without proper protection?

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: WEB protection unable to activate, should i be worried?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 01:58:19 PM »
Have you tried a repair via Programs and Features ? click to uninstall and choose the repair function on the next screen and reboot when completed.

golthrim

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 02:14:44 PM »
Have you tried a repair via Programs and Features ? click to uninstall and choose the repair function on the next screen and reboot when completed.
This actually solved the problem with the WEBprotection, now all 8 applications is up and running but now i get a alert from the OS(win8) that my computer is unprotected and that Avast is turned of but when in fact it aint + OS warns me that the WindowsDefender is turned off and my computer is at risk and when i try and turn it on nothing happens??? Im using Chrome btw.....

golthrim

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2013, 02:21:24 PM »
Should i be worried when my OS is telling me that Avast is turned off and my computer is at risk when Avast actually is up and running? Wich should i trust more, the OSwarning or Avast software :) ?

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 02:29:52 PM »
This actually solved the problem with the WEBprotection, now all 8 applications is up and running but now i get a alert from the OS(win8) that my computer is unprotected and that Avast is turned of but when in fact it aint + OS warns me that the WindowsDefender is turned off and my computer is at risk and when i try and turn it on nothing happens??? Im using Chrome btw.....
Try a full shut down and restart ( not reboot ) sometimes the computer may need a couple of restarts for windows to sync properly.