Author Topic: AVAST VIRSUS SOFTWARE  (Read 1500 times)

schumachergirl

AVAST VIRSUS SOFTWARE
« on: May 19, 2013, 04:01:54 PM »
I am pleased Avast is better than Norton anti virsus software because when i bought the software for Norton it didn't do the job properly and i have a complaint by mail post that my computer was fifthy full of trojan horses and other such like nasty virsus, i will not buy Norton again also it slowers your computer down into a kerb crawling motion, it took me ages about 1 hour to load a page fron the search engines, i do not recommend Norton.

Aventador

Re: AVAST VIRSUS SOFTWARE
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 04:07:53 PM »
Keep in mind that NO antivirus can detect everything. No reason to bash other products but glad your happy with Avast. Norton is still one of the best antiviruses as far as detection. Norton users can make a thread commenting that Avast is horrible cause it missed a virus. So on and so forth. The best practice is to have a good backup plan for when the day comes that your antivirus fails you. Do you have a disk imaging software?

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Re: AVAST VIRSUS SOFTWARE
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 09:57:11 PM »
Just out of curiosity what did your "first scan with avast find?
Another good tool would be MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM).
MBAM is great as a stand alone but, for $24.95 (US) you get real time protection.

http://filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/  :)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.