Author Topic: "i" blue ball?  (Read 3781 times)

BarbeeGee

"i" blue ball?
« on: April 03, 2005, 03:27:56 AM »
I always have the blue "a" ball on the bottom of my screen but today while online there was another one with an "i" on it.  My machine was doing something because I could hear it.
Sounded like it was scanning but I didn't program a scan.

What is it?

johnny223

Re: "i" blue ball?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2005, 03:40:19 AM »
The ball with the "i" is the virus recover database generator, it stores infos about important files on your system so that in case they get infected, you have a back up.  When it's spinning, it's generating backups.  You can merge the "i" icon with the "a" icon by right clicking it and click merge.

That's about all i know ;D  Hope it helps.

techie101

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2005, 03:54:27 AM »
Johnny,

Very good!  Right on target with the explanation.

The VRDB is set to run every 7 days by default but the time between backups can be changed in the .ini file

Unless you need to have it backup sooner, then I would leave it alone.   It is one of those "nice to know how to change" settings that you really don't need to change.

Welcome to the forum.  Any other questions let us know. ;)

BarbeeGee

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2005, 04:49:25 AM »
Thank you.   It's nice to know that it wasn't something bad.  When your computer starts growling and you aren't doing anything it sort of makes you worry.

I love Avast .

Thanks for the fast help.

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2005, 06:44:10 PM »
The VRDB is set to run every 7 days by default but the time between backups can be changed in the .ini file

Hi Techie,

Was this a quiet change in one of the more recent program builds?  Default used to be 21 days, and I think is still running that way on my system.

Thanks and best,
Mike
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent