Author Topic: False Positives (FCE32.dll)  (Read 2073 times)

SeanLeach

False Positives (FCE32.dll)
« on: September 03, 2013, 05:22:58 PM »
Hi Guys,

I'm a developer for a software company - we make software to assist Letting agents in the running of their day to day business. It's a pretty integral tool for most of our customers, who use it every day.

In the past week or so, Avast has begun to incorrectly identify FCE32.DLL as a virus. So far, roughly 15 of our customers have called up with the same issue, which we have determined is down to a false positive.

Having spend today using remote support with several of our clients, we are unable to find a persistent solution that doesn't either exclude the windows folder or disable the antivirus all together. (That's not a good plan! :D )

I'd like to know if there's a method of excluding this single file from automated threat removal.

Currently, about 11 affected customers have uninstalled Avast! (Not on our advice) and switched to alternatives such as MSE, and the other 4 have disabled avast until a solution comes out.

Obviously, this situation is less than ideal as both out software and Avast! are fairly important. It's unfortunate that in this case the Antivirus software is being ousted in favour of the application that essentially runs the business.

I've been unable to place a support ticket as I'm no longer an Avast user thus don't have all of the information that is requested while opening a ticket.

Thanks in advance,

Sean

Offline JuninhoSlo

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
Re: False Positives (FCE32.dll)
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 07:21:14 PM »
Hi :)

Send FCE32.DLL to Avast as false postive.

http://www.avast.com/contact-form.php

SeanLeach

Re: False Positives (FCE32.dll)
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 05:24:11 PM »
Have done this now (Yesterday) - Hope a solution's found as it's not nice having people tell us they are uninstalling their AV!

Sean