Author Topic: Blue screen of death issue.  (Read 20601 times)

Arnold72

Re: Blue screen of death issue.
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2013, 01:24:30 AM »
@Arnold,
Have you sent in the mini-dump as suggested in reply #2 or aren't you really interested in solving the problem ?
@Dumper,
If you're interested in solving the problem, then please also send in the mini-dump.
Complaining for the sake of complaining has never solved a single problem.  ;) [size=78%] [/size]
Nobody is complaining.
Just stating there is a problem with avast installation.

It seems to me that the latest version of avast and BSOD seem quite synonymous.
I know what some vendors are like when it comes to "free" software.
Its a free program so the users can suffer the bugs and crashes.

Not here.
I have uninstalled and await a fix.
Thanks.

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2013, 12:43:41 PM »
Nobody is complaining.Just stating there is a problem with avast installation.

If you aren't willing to do anything about resolving your problem, then I'd call it complaining.
Help is a two way street which starts by stating the problem and continues by supplying requested information.

Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Arnold72

« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2013, 01:26:45 PM »
Nobody is complaining.Just stating there is a problem with avast installation.

If you aren't willing to do anything about resolving your problem, then I'd call it complaining.
Help is a two way street which starts by stating the problem and continues by supplying requested information.

That is a totally unacceptable and patronising reply.
The blue screen issues have been quite widespread and an acknowledgement from avast that there is a problem with their latest version would be a healthy start.

I cannot upload any dumps pf any kind now because avast is uninstalled at the moment and this was done for the sake of the computers health.
I do not feel that uploading dumpfiles of any sort would be of any benefit.

As i have stated before,i will attempt another clean install of avast when i observe that substantial efforts have been made to rectify what seems a common issue and sweeping it under the carpet and pretending an issue does not exist will not do this.

Thank You.

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2013, 02:48:25 PM »
@Arnold72 without that dump-files and you've already uninstall Avast software is because the dump-files is the only clue to give the Avast Staff to investigate you're problems and issue such as BSOD for example, so I strongly agree with Bob as you aren't willing to do anything to help yourself about resolving your problems and issue without that dump-files because we ask you to uploaded ASAP and to allow the Avast Staff to help. Suddenly you couldn't be bothered because it's too hard for you and Bob is 100% correct the more you complain you're issue and problems will never be resolved, so you've wasted your time and the Avast Forum Teams for their time and not been able to help you fine.

Just remember this Arnold72 when I see you're issue from my own point of view is without the help they offer to you in friendly kind way, and you're behaviour is becoming and a complete "PRICK" so when you're complaining for the sake of complaining has never solved a single problem as Bob is 100% correct.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 02:53:45 PM by SpeedyPC »
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v23.11.6090 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

Arnold72

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2013, 02:56:03 PM »
@Arnold72 without that dump-files and you've already uninstall Avast software is because the dump-files is the only clue to give the Avast Staff to investigate you're problems and issue such as BSOD for example, so I strongly agree with Bob as you aren't willing to do anything to help yourself about resolving your problems and issue without that dump-files because we ask you to uploaded ASAP and to allow the Avast Staff to help. Suddenly you couldn't be bothered because it's too hard for you and Bob is 100% correct the more you complain you're issue and problems will never be resolved, so you've wasted your time and the Avast Forum Teams for their time and not been able to help you fine.

Just remember this Arnold72 when I see you're issue from my own point of view is without the help they offer to you in friendly kind way, and you're behaviour is becoming an complete "PRICK" so when you're complaining for the sake of complaining has never solved a single problem as Bob is 100% correct.
Now look speedy gonzales.!!!
I am not going to have a f***ing bitching contest with you.
I am going to do a CLEAN INSTALL!!!!
Then i will report on the outcome.

Do you understand???

And would you kindly keep your insults to yourself and refrain from terming me a P&&&k.
The only P***K is you when you post such garbage.

Offline MrMaxaMan

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2013, 10:52:01 PM »

Just remember this Arnold72 when I see you're issue from my own point of view is without the help they offer to you in friendly kind way, and you're behaviour is becoming and a complete "PRICK" so when you're complaining for the sake of complaining has never solved a single problem as Bob is 100% correct.

That's completely uncalled for, the guy asks for help and you insult him.
Avast Free 20.3.2405 - Comodo 12.2.2.7036 Firewall with D+ - Winpatrol Free.
On demand - MBAM - Super Antispyware.
Windows 10 64bit - 16GB Ram.

Arnold72

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2013, 11:28:30 PM »
I would just like to add that due to the insulting and aggressive attitude of some of the forum members i have decided not to attempt any further installation of avast.

As good as an av it is i feel the support from this forum is grossly unfair to the reputation of avast.

I just hope that the avast staff are nothing like the condescending and arrogant fools who call themselves avast evangelists.

Thank You.

Offline MrMaxaMan

« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2013, 11:33:07 PM »
I would just like to add that due to the insulting and aggressive attitude of some of the forum members i have decided not to attempt any further installation of avast.

As good as an av it is i feel the support from this forum is grossly unfair to the reputation of avast.

I just hope that the avast staff are nothing like the condescending and arrogant fools who call themselves avast evangelists.

Thank You.

Sorry to see you go Arnold72, most people here are friendly and helpful, it's a pity a few aren't. Hopefully in time you will change your mind and give Avast and its forums another try. :)

Offline MrMaxaMan

« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2013, 11:35:18 PM »
Could someone tell me how to upload minidump files as mentioned in Reply#2, the link is a webpage.

iroc9555

« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2013, 11:55:30 PM »
Look for the latest minidump in C:\WINDOWS\Minidump or in C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Compress it with ZIP, RAR or 7Zip and give it an original name. Add a text ( use notepad ) with your Forum e-mail and your post URL.

Open Windows Explorer and copy/paste this:

Code: [Select]
ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming
Drag/drop compressed dump file into the right open window. Wait for transmission to conclude.

You can also do it like this:

Start > Run.

Copy/paste

Code: [Select]
explorer ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming
Drag dump file into the ftb window.

Offline MrMaxaMan

« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2013, 12:07:17 AM »
Thank you    iroc9555.

iroc9555

« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2013, 12:14:20 AM »
Thank you    iroc9555.

You are welcome. Good luck.

lutzio

« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2013, 11:49:02 AM »
Hi there,

I received BSOD with the same symptoms. Here are some of my minidumps (I also uploaded a support package in Avast):

On Sat 15.06.2013 09:36:11 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\061513-19063-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: aswsnx.sys (aswSnx+0x4D9F1)
Bugcheck code: 0x24 (0x1904FB, 0xFFFFF8800A0703B8, 0xFFFFF8800A06FC10, 0xFFFFF80002ED83C9)
Error: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\aswsnx.sys
product: avast! Antivirus
company: AVAST Software
description: avast! Virtualization Driver
Bug check description: This indicates a problem occurred in the NTFS file system.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: aswsnx.sys (avast! Virtualization Driver, AVAST Software).
Google query: AVAST Software NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM

On Sun 16.06.2013 09:11:34 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: aswsnx.sys (aswSnx+0x261B1)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF80002F7C11F, 0xFFFFF88006C75D40, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\aswsnx.sys
product: avast! Antivirus
company: AVAST Software
description: avast! Virtualization Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: aswsnx.sys (avast! Virtualization Driver, AVAST Software).
Google query: AVAST Software SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2013, 02:37:01 PM »
Hi lutzio,
please upload support package again and write me package name, otherwise I'm not able to find it here.
or send me (C:\Windows\Minidump\061513-19063-01.dmp) to kurtin@avast.com

Thanks, Petr

avastesopr

« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2014, 03:21:20 PM »
Hello avast forum and sincere greetings to all.
Just a little problem that i hope someone will help me with.

When i was using avast 8 version 1483 the program ran just fine with no issues on my computer at all.
I then updated to the latest version internally and this ran fine for a few days and then suddenly i was getting blue screens regularly at boot up.
I was running avast alongside comodo firewall 5.12 and by a process of elimination i have narrowed the culprit down to avast.
This has saddened me slightly as i love avast and i have unwillingly had to uninstall avast and use another av.

At some point i want to install avast again.
Could somebody please explain why there were bluescreens and could the issue be caused because i updated internally.?
Is it advisable to do a fresh install with every update as i suspect it was because of me updating internally that may have been the issue.

I really like avast and i love the protection offered and i want to try again with a clean install.
Thank You.

Please Arnold72, have you resolve this problem of incompatibility of avast last versione and comodo 5.12?
I'm in your same situation... same version program, same RANDOM bsod at windows both :(

MAYBE I ca n help you for solve the problem and preserve comodo 5 + avast 2014. Now I testing and maybe i solve the pronlem.
The problem is avast at 110%
Contact me if you can.
Thanks and sorry for my english

Answer of avast support: the problem it's that I need install avast only after windows update patch
(so I imagine that everytime that microsoft publish new windows patches I have to uninstall avast, install patches, reinstall avast -.- )
that assistance is this?
It 's a clear problem of avast 2014, they treated me badly, I will inform the major comparative company
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 04:09:47 PM by avastesopr »