Author Topic: Scanning Archive Files  (Read 7079 times)

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: Scanning Archive Files
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2005, 09:28:57 PM »
So, when you copy these (avast temp) files to another folder and let it scan (including archives), no problem occurs, right?
How big are those avast files?

dammitsdad

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2005, 09:51:54 PM »
I copied the Avast temp files to a folder and scanned them including the Archive Option and they scanned fine.  Each of the files is 82kb

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2005, 09:40:17 AM »
Hmm... I'm running out of ideas.
Maybe DrWatson could detect something... please, start
drwtsn32 -i
(it will set up DrWatson as the default debugger).
When the avast! window disappears during the scan, it's possible that DrWatson collects some information about the crash. Check the corresponding folder; by default, it's
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Dr Watson
Are there any recent files there?

Thanks.

dammitsdad

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2005, 03:35:02 PM »
Hi igor,
I tried running Dr Watson and it said no errors found but when I searched the file you told me to look at there is so much info on it I can't begin to decipher it. Is there any way I can forward you the Dr. Watson file to see what you can make of it. It says it was modified on 4/3/05.

I emailed the files yesterday 4/5/05 and wondered if you received them?  I also discovered that if I perform a system scan including the Archive option with the Quickscan the scan completes but it crashes when I use the Standard or Thorough Scan.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2005, 03:30:09 PM by dammitsdad »

dammitsdad

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2005, 05:55:15 PM »
Igor was able to correct my problem and Avast is operating fine now.  What a great support team Awil/Avast has. Thank you Igor, your help was genuinely appreciated.