Author Topic: Avast Problems  (Read 6390 times)

PawButtox

Avast Problems
« on: May 27, 2013, 11:40:54 PM »
When Installing avast and when going into the settings, avast seems to continuously extend across my screen, why is this?

iroc9555

Re: Avast Problems
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 12:13:18 AM »
Hi PawButtox and welcome to Avast! forums.

What is extending Avast! itself or the Setting windows ? A screen capture would be nice. Anyways, you can resize the Avast! or the setting window to your liking just by dragging its borders. Also when you open Avast!, right click its tab at the tray bar to restore, maximize, or minimize its size.

PawButtox

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 12:26:50 AM »
I can't really screen shot it, but basically it extends by itself continuously.. is there anyway I could send a short video?

Offline JuninhoSlo

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 12:42:42 AM »
Send your video to SKyDrive and post url to download your video.

iroc9555

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 12:46:26 AM »
....but basically it extends by itself continuously..

That's a first. Never seen it. Upload it to Youtube or Dropbox or MediaFire.

PawButtox

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 01:20:03 AM »
....but basically it extends by itself continuously..

That's a first. Never seen it. Upload it to Youtube or Dropbox or MediaFire.

Well, that took way over 10 minutes, not normally that slow... but here it is..

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=A836AB59F7FC360E!151&authkey=!AKUHpfa8-Jx9fiI

Offline JuninhoSlo

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 01:35:27 AM »
I can,t download your video beacuse it,s says "this video is currently being processed. please check back in a few minutes" anyway,did you try remove Avast with aswclear.exe in safe mode? NO-Try it. ;) Still have problems? What version of Avast do you use? Did you remove your previous AV program?

PawButtox

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2013, 01:38:02 AM »
I can,t download your video beacuse it,s says "this video is currently being processed. please check back in a few minutes" anyway,did you try remove Avast with aswclear.exe in safe mode? NO-Try it. ;) Still have problems? What version of Avast do you use? Did you remove your previous AV program?

This is the first time I've used it and installed it. So. I don't even know

iroc9555

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2013, 01:42:47 AM »
Hmmm.. short video...400+ MB. I will let this in someone else's hands. My connection is not that fast. It will take me about 40 mins to download or even see it in skydrive. Sorry.

iroc9555

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2013, 02:55:06 AM »
Ok I watched the video. You are running a scan. Does it do the same if you are not running a scan in the backgroud ? I mean, the open Setting window, does it get bigger little by little anyway ? I saw it twice to get bigger.

I would recommend to cleanly reinstall Avast!. however I would let someone else to watch the video and give an opinion on why this is happening.

PawButtox

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2013, 10:29:54 AM »
Ok I watched the video. You are running a scan. Does it do the same if you are not running a scan in the backgroud ? I mean, the open Setting window, does it get bigger little by little anyway ? I saw it twice to get bigger.

I would recommend to cleanly reinstall Avast!. however I would let someone else to watch the video and give an opinion on why this is happening.

About reinstalling it, urm, I'll have to show you another video because there is another problem with that!

This is the same problem when Uninstalling, and i Can't click the Uninstall button...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLSoT9ZXDSY&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 10:40:09 AM by PawButtox »

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2013, 11:02:55 AM »
I cant view your video as it's still being processed apparently  ???
Edited
Your video finally worked, looks like your using a Mac system and anything to do with Mac's should be discussed in there own forum  http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=5.0
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 11:07:11 AM by craigb »

PawButtox

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2013, 11:12:47 AM »
I cant view your video as it's still being processed apparently  ???
Edited
Your video finally worked, looks like your using a Mac system and anything to do with Mac's should be discussed in there own forum  http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=5.0

I'm not using a Mac, it's just a skin for windows!

PawButtox

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2013, 11:13:39 AM »
I just want to uninstall the bloody thing!

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2013, 11:20:50 AM »
Uninstall tool here http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility just click and run it, it'll automatically reboot you into safemode and run itself.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 11:22:30 AM by craigb »