Author Topic: Virus alert to more than one user  (Read 3481 times)

REDACTED

Virus alert to more than one user
« on: May 28, 2013, 08:11:49 PM »
My school district has just moved to the Avast Endpoint. I have the systems up and running mostly. We have two admins that need to be informed of a virus alert. I have both admins listed under Policies:Virus Alert, but only one (myself) gets the alerts. The order I list the admins in Virus Alert does not matter. My credentials are used in the SMTP portion of the settings.
I could create an Outlook rule to do this, but then the alerts only would go out when my machine is up and running.
Any help would be appreciated.

Che Johnson

Re: Virus alert to more than one user
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 04:39:22 PM »
Currently you can only have 1 person alerted for virus but this is changed in the new version 8.  Depending on what console you are using though,  you can set up each client with a virus alert if your using the SOA.

If your using the EA then this is not possible.  I recommend if using the EA then to try version 8.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 06:43:56 PM »
Thank you for the quick response. It looks like I have the 7.0.309 version so I need to do some updating.

Che Johnson

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 09:21:09 AM »
Version 8 is still in beta so you wouldn't be able to upgrade until the full version is released.