Author Topic: Wscript malware URLs  (Read 8509 times)

AndreTomazini

Re: Wscript malware URLs
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2013, 08:28:03 PM »
Hi.

After I try to delete combofix in the run bar appear: Windows can't find "Combofix" message.

Should I try to remove It by the Instal/uninistal command in the Control Panel?

AndreTomazini

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2013, 08:56:14 PM »
Combo fix also doesn't appear among the installed programs ad add/remove  option at control panel

Offline magna86

• Anti Malware Fighter
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • Ambulanta MyCity Forum - ASAP Member
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2013, 09:02:34 PM »
Run DelFix tool. He will remove CF.  ;)

AndreTomazini

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2013, 09:31:24 PM »
Thank you so much for helping me with this.

I would never have done all this steps by myself.

This was a hell of a Malware... Hope my PC does'n't get infect again...I just have to continue to use the xerox machine that I suspect put the virus in my USB driver.

Just one last thing please:

I'm worried if all the notebooks off my family got infected by these same malwares cause when the files disappeared from the USB when I opened it in the Desktop I tried to test the pen drive in all other notes of the house to try to find the missing files.

None of them are showing the "symptoms" that my desktop showed (control panel missing ; impossibility to install programs and malicious URLs advise). But just one has Avast installed. The other 2 have Avira.

There are any way to verify if they are also infected by these same malwares you helped me to remove? Or the best way is to install avast in all and see if the bads urls are detected and/or wait to see if the control panel also disappear in them...?

I use a Wi-fi internet signal for the computer in my home public network protect by password. There are any chance that this Malware keeps reinfecting all the PCs via the wi-fi net?

If they are infect I can just redo these steps we done here or I should create other topic sand post all logs file for analyses?

Sorry to trouble you.

André

Offline magna86

• Anti Malware Fighter
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2013, 09:37:15 PM »
For each your's PC open a new topic with attached logs requested:
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0

Someone will help you get clean. Also,install on all computers MCShield.

AndreTomazini

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2013, 10:11:04 PM »
ok. Thanks.

Just one last last thing (for real now).

I did some online trades with my credit card in this pc where we removed these malwares after the Malicious URLs menssages started to show, believing Avast was giving enough protection.

Should I be worried? Its reccomended to contact my credit company and request another credit card number? Or by the nature of these malwares it isn't necessary?

Thanks.

Offline magna86

• Anti Malware Fighter
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2013, 01:00:59 PM »
I did some online trades with my credit card in this pc where we removed these malwares after the Malicious URLs menssages started to show, believing Avast was giving enough protection.

There is no antivirus product with 100% detection rate of the world wide malware. Antivirus works at the level of the signature and at  known heuristic detection.

You had worm infection. That's why I recommend you MCShield program, becose s.k "USB Guardian" and other "USB AntiVirus" doesn't provide sufficient protection.
http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/threat/encyclopedia/entry.aspx?Name=Worm%3AWin32%2FVobfus.Q

You're had on your computer installed adware too. Adware is program whose role is to forcing advertising material and final goal is earning.
AntiVirus will not prevent installation of adware for several reasons. Let's put it this way:

- adware isn't characterized as malicious software (malware)
- you have allowed adware installation (unwittingly, but you did allowed)
- you accept the terms and conditions of the license when installing some adware ( standalone or via program )
- adware is warned you about URL and for change attempt on home page, and you did allow that action.
- adware has its own uninstaller, and only can be characterized as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Programs)
- avast have browser cleanup tool, integrated in avast, designed to remove for them known adwares.

Should I be worried? Its reccomended to contact my credit company and request another credit card number?

I do recommend that, Yes.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 01:03:12 PM by magna86 »

AndreTomazini

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2013, 04:30:51 PM »
Ok thanks. I don't blame avast. I'm just saying that with a antivirus instaled we have more confidence in online trades. And I recconize that sometimes I put my pc in jeopardy situations as when I use torrents files clients and eve when I chose to add exceptions on firewall and avast to obtain best downlod/game performance.

Really thanks for all your help.
Good bye!

Offline magna86

• Anti Malware Fighter
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2013, 05:06:04 PM »
 ;)