Author Topic: Google Whining  (Read 3794 times)

Aventador

Google Whining
« on: May 27, 2013, 11:50:22 PM »
What is with all these threads and members complaining about Google? I bet everyone of them uses Google search. I have been using Google Chrome for years now. It has been proven to be the fastest and most secure browser today. There are millions of vulnerabilities in Internet Explorer so using it is huge mistake. Firefox is great but scores way below on malware blocking then Chrome. I myself use everything Google. I have Chrome synced to every device I use. I have Gmail synced right to my phone. I have my Google Calender synced and I use Google Drive to store documents in the cloud. The problem with that is? Google has made my life easier and hundreds of others. Google Maps is the top GPS program,on any smart phone. Google Earth is used in schools to educate our children. Google Docs allows users who cannot afford to purchase Microsoft Office the same features.

Everyone stop whinging and complaining that Google Chrome was installed when installing Avast. Heck Adobe packs Norton Security Scan and McAfee Security scan into there installers. Auslogics packs the Ask Toolbar. Puran packs the Babylon Toolbar. Heck I remember people whining and complaining whe Symantec used the Ask Toolbar into Norton products. Gezzz people. Relax.

Offline davews

Re: Google Whining
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 09:46:54 AM »
Long time Opera user here and no, I search with startpage.com. Chrome may be more secure than IE but as a browser it is pretty uninspiring and certainly many of us don't like their tracking policies. It is your choice what browser to use we don't want to be told what to use.

And I did spot the (fairly inconspicuous) check boxes not to install it. It still nagged me by opening my browser asking if I wanted to install the Chrome plugin which didn't have a refuse button on it.

The main reason I will not have Chrome anywhere near this computer are the constant nags about it. The ONLY reason Chrome is rising in some browser usage stats is because it is pushed down everybody's throat by these sorts of tactics.

Offline Dwarden

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Ideas, that's ocean without borders!
    • Bohemia Interactive
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 09:51:37 AM »
honestly the way Avast incorporated Google products (it's not just Google Chrome, but also Google Drive and Google Toolbar)
is very unfortunate and annoying and on edge of being viral,
it causes problems to older people using avast (seen it on my own parents) when program major update happens

don't get me started about the Chrome setting itself all off sudden as default browser or 'Google services' silently infesting system

sorry to say it but such approach is shady even by my own standard
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 10:00:05 AM by Dwarden »
https://twitter.com/FoltynD , Tech. Community, Online Services & Distribution manager of Bohemia Interactive

marc-d-l

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 01:21:54 AM »
I don't think it's only google,or that age has anything to do with it.I would say 90% of downloads have some sneaked in program that take a lot of searching to find if you are getting only what you want.Most people just download automaticaly and then wonder how did I get all the extras.
What one uses, Google, IE, firefox,is personal preferance there all good.We all think that what we use is the best and that everyone else should do the same.
As far as older people,DON'T under estimate there capability.I for one don't have any problems with a PC.it just at times takes me a little longer to understand how things work. 

bikerdon

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 05:32:47 PM »
i stopped using anything google a couple yrs ago,, when they stopped allowing me to go to sites i have been using for many yrs..also because of google propensity for calling "calling home and tracking crap" ,,and loading sites "THEY" want me to go to,  and dont want any of their shxt on my pc.... for a much better search try "duckduckgo" no logging,, no phoneing home, and doesnt load any crap in the background !!!  ITS MY PC AND I WANT IT MY WAY NOT THEIR WAY !!!!!!

Dch48

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 05:37:08 PM »
The myth that Chrome is more secure than the new versions of IE is just that, a myth. Just look at all the vulnerabilities that are discovered and patched with every Chrome update. They have more in a month than IE does in a year.