Author Topic: Limited or no Connectivity after Internet Security Uninstall  (Read 9551 times)

jouno53

After uninstalling the latest version of Avast Internet Security on my Win 7 laptop using the uninstall utility, I cannot access the internet. Device manager reported multiple avast network drivers which I removed, leaving a Microsoft ISATAP #3 whose driver cannot load and cannot be uninstalled.

Avast support on the phone did not help and the response from a support ticket was not written by someone who understands the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Johnny4745

Re: Limited or no Connectivity after Internet Security Uninstall
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 10:58:26 PM »
After uninstalling the latest version of Avast Internet Security on my Win 7 laptop using the uninstall utility, I cannot access the internet. Device manager reported multiple avast network drivers which I removed, leaving a Microsoft ISATAP #3 whose driver cannot load and cannot be uninstalled.

Avast support on the phone did not help and the response from a support ticket was not written by someone who understands the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You could try troubleshooting the problem in Network and Sharing in the Control Panel.

You could use your Windows 7 installation disk to repair the computer.

You could use System Restore to restore your operating system to an earlier date.

freak777

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 12:19:40 PM »
this is hopeless thing.are months that aks in the forum how to solve this serious problem, but nothing.needs new build without this bug!it is possible that after you uninstall Avast internet security you should lose the connection???no!
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=116901.0
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 12:22:22 PM by freak777 »

tommytinkroom

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 12:27:54 PM »

You had a response to a support ticket,now thats impressive.
Hope you get the problem sorted soon.

freak777

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 01:05:23 PM »
the users that uninstalling Avast IS must not lose the connection! I have tried all the security suites, and no one,except AIS creates this problem! technicians must solve the problem! is a serious problem!

jouno53

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 06:05:58 AM »
I'm going to have to reformat my computer at this point. Extremely disappointed at Avast for this issue.

The fix described by the forum post linked previously cannot work for me because my adapter isn't even showing up in network adapters  after the uninstall.

freak777

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2013, 01:54:51 PM »
I'm going to have to reformat my computer at this point. Extremely disappointed at Avast for this issue.

The fix described by the forum post linked previously cannot work for me because my adapter isn't even showing up in network adapters  after the uninstall.

this demonstrates the seriousness of the problem! you should not be forced to format after uninstalling AIS!
technicians,resolve this big issue!this is not normal that uninstalling AIS makes the PC unable to connect,and reformat the PC is the only solution!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 01:59:51 PM by freak777 »

Arnold72

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2013, 02:15:48 PM »
This problem clearly demonstrates the value of having images on another hard drive in which you can easily restore in minutes rather than going through all this rigmarol.

Thanks.

freak777

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2013, 02:21:52 PM »
This problem clearly demonstrates the value of having images on another hard drive in which you can easily restore in minutes rather than going through all this rigmarol.

Thanks.
in fact.Acronis saves me by reformat.but AVast technicians shold be solve this serious issue.it is not mandatory that every user of AIS should be forced to have Acronis True Image!
AIS must be able to be uninstalled without creating these problems,like every other security suite!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 02:25:03 PM by freak777 »

Arnold72

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2013, 02:27:24 PM »
Not sure how many avast users are effected by this.
Its been a long time since i actually uninstalled any security software as i just re-image.

So many different computer configurations in the world and it is quite impossible for avast to ascertain how their program will uninstall.
From what i can see it doesnt appear to be a issue with the majority of users.

freak777

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2013, 02:33:53 PM »
this problem occours whit Avast Internet Security,not whith AV.do you have AIS?i've tried in trial mode EVERY OTHER suite,and ONLY AIS create this problem,after uninstalling.
i have Windows 8 Pro x64.but i'm not the only user that have this problem.if you search with Google,you will see with your eyes.by the way: this problem must be solved,by Avast.

Arnold72

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2013, 02:44:31 PM »
I have only used the free version.
Because of conflicts of some kind at boot up i have uninstalled it for now.
In your situation i would just re-image.

The more you try to fix a problem the more chance there is of making it worse.
You cannot beat a re-install of an image,it has helped me several times and is far easier than wasting time trying to troubleshoot what appears an unfixable issue.
Thanks.

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2013, 06:10:53 PM »

You cannot beat a re-install of an image,it has helped me several times and is far easier than wasting time trying to troubleshoot what appears an unfixable issue.
Thanks.
May I suggest that since you're a Comodo user and not an avast! user that you help the folks that use Comodo.
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

freak777

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2013, 06:25:54 PM »
@ bob3160 :
it is possible for Avast technicians,to fix this issue?it's a big issue!it is possible that uninstalling AIS it means format the PC?NO!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 06:38:24 PM by freak777 »

Arnold72

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2013, 10:44:27 PM »

Thanks.
May I suggest that since you're a Comodo user and not an avast! user that you help the folks that use Comodo.

Im sorry bob but that reply is quite unacceptable.
I have some experience with avast,but the problem is a general networking issue and not solely a problem with avast.
I really cannot understand your isolationist stance on this.
Yes im using comodo on one computer but i await an update for avast to fix the countless issues of bluescreens etc.
I offered help in a general sense and i feel you should do this also.
Fanboyism should not hinder assistance to our fellow people.
Thanks.