Author Topic: Anti-Theft root installed SMS commands not working  (Read 5173 times)

Offline DGG

Anti-Theft root installed SMS commands not working
« on: May 12, 2013, 06:27:54 PM »
I have a Droid Razr running version Android 2.3.6
I recently upgraded the anti-theft rooted (currently 2.0.4681). The system state shows it is running rooted and it is in proper stealth mode. I can send commands via the web portal but when I send the commands via SMS the phone treats it as a regular SMS and displays it without executing any command. It use to work before I upgraded to the new anti-theft but I don't know if was the release or because I installed it in root mode whereas before it wasn't.

I don't subscribe to my carrier's SMS but instead use Google Voice to send and receive SMS. I have already tried disconnecting my account and reinitialize my login but so far no luck.
The problem seems to be using Google Voice to receive SMS because when I text a command using my carrier's SMS the command executes but it also displays the same command as a regular text on the screen

I suggest people test this on their our phone to make sure it works because had no indication there was a problem until I went to demonstrate the anti-theft to a friend.

Does anyone have this problem and/or have a solution to this problem?

reinhardholzner

Re: Anti-Theft root installed SMS commands not working
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 10:54:37 AM »
Google Voice is not supported as such.
Regarding shown command when being sent as normal SMS: did you get a warning of a "high priority SMS tool" within Anti-Theft?

ukexport

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 05:23:58 PM »

I'm using Google voice to send commands without issue - I do not have sms forwarding turned on in Google voice.
Number entered with +1

I had to dial/make a call to my Avast pin as if it were a phone number to get everything working when I installed it.

reinhardholzner

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 06:05:43 PM »
did you get a warning of a "high priority SMS tool" within Anti-Theft?

redmanc

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 06:55:03 PM »
Im on antitheft version 2.0.4838 and getting the same problem....web commands work fine but my wife's sms commands display as normal message and nothing happens...

clarify i just send "xxxx LOCK" where "xxxx" is my pin?

Also, any way to keep avast mobile security on all the time? Should Anti theft work even if i close the mobile security app? cos it doesnt on my phone...seems like a simple restart of the phone renders anti theft pointless as it doesnt even react to web commands....

reinhardholzner

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2013, 12:51:17 AM »
First try to open anti theft and press the button to the top right and check if there is an SMS tool warning. Also try to view ignored problems there to see if the warning is just hidden!!

Please describe your other problem more clearly.