Author Topic: My update pop-up changed, did this happen for anyone else  (Read 21957 times)

ganon

Re: My update pop-up changed, did this happen for anyone else
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2013, 04:06:30 PM »
some of my pcs do the full one some do the mini one, why?

DBenjamin85

« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2013, 01:56:31 AM »
some of my pcs do the full one some do the mini one, why?

Apparently it's normal though I really don't know how to explain why it's this way for some and not for others, doesn't really seem to have an explanation, for example I live in the UK and someone else from the UK is seeing the regular pop-ups from what I've gathered.  If you right click the toolbar you can ask to view the last pop up.  It shows the definition update number but no longer has the boxed link at the bottom saying "show more details" (or something along those lines).

Offline leftisthominid

« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2013, 03:02:10 AM »
Does anyone know if or when the mini popup problem will be solved?

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2013, 05:30:12 AM »
Since there isn't any problem, no fix is needed.
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

DBenjamin85

« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2013, 11:27:41 AM »
Since there isn't any problem, no fix is needed.

Not sure I'd agree, I think a lot of people's minds would be put at ease if everybody had their programs running the same way, not differently.  I've had a subscription all this year with the pop-ups being as they were before for the past 10 months and now for the last two my program is different from other peoples, it makes me worry what else is different, what else isn't working the same way/properly.  I'm in the process of deciding whether to renew my subscription and I'm rather undecided yet... though I would like my avast! program is changing and fixing even if the issue is something minor.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 08:13:38 PM by DBenjamin85 »

Offline miguelgrado

• Advanced Poster
  • Admin ForoAntispyware
    • Foroantispyware
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2013, 05:26:57 PM »
After reading the causes ,do not think that it is a problem, but if that should be further clarified these things therefore confuse users when a day for changes if there is another apparent reason  ;)

nfmetals

« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2013, 09:14:06 PM »
Same issue for me in my laptop/Vista and PC/XP . I use IS paid version.

Offline leftisthominid

« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2013, 02:57:43 AM »
Ok, regardless the fact that it is benign, it is a problem.

When is this going to get fixed!?!?

DBenjamin85

« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2013, 12:34:56 PM »
Still getting it here too, just popped up a second ago.

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2013, 09:07:14 PM »
Don't think there is a problem here.  New popup is actually smaller than the old, and, I feel, less obtrusive than the old one was.  We're really talking about an issue that has been plaguing the forum for months, that of obtrusive pop-ups in the old versions, and this is a resulting change due to numerous complaints about that. 

Personally, I think avast! nailed this one.

As I said earlier, with 170 million + active users, not all users are going to get this update rolled out to them at the same time.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801

Offline leftisthominid

« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2013, 02:38:41 AM »
So today after aborting a bootscan, I had an avast! glitch and some of my shields were off and the program was unresponsive to re-enabling them. I restarted, everything was fine then and I repaired my installation just in case. I got the full sized proper update notification back inadvertently!

Offline miguelgrado

• Advanced Poster
  • Admin ForoAntispyware
    • Foroantispyware
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2013, 11:52:28 AM »
So today after aborting a bootscan, I had an avast! glitch and some of my shields were off and the program was unresponsive to re-enabling them. I restarted, everything was fine then and I repaired my installation just in case. I got the full sized proper update notification back inadvertently!
idem today i recived full update notification :)