Author Topic: Avast! on-access scanner message  (Read 7728 times)

darkman

Avast! on-access scanner message
« on: April 06, 2005, 12:01:46 PM »
Can I disable appearing Avast! on-access scanner message ?

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: Avast! on-access scanner message
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2005, 12:51:18 PM »
What exactly does the message say?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2005, 02:07:45 PM »
Can I disable appearing Avast! on-access scanner message ?

It seems that you've changed the avast settings without knowing what you were doing...
This is an option disabled by default. You can turn it off going to the Standard Shield provider settings, Advanced tab an unchecking 'Show detailed information on action performed'. You can do this for the other providers too.

Welcome to avast. The most configurable antivirus around  8)
The best things in life are free.

rileym

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 02:49:32 AM »
Sorry to resurrect a dead thread but I'm having the same problem.  Except that the solution posted everywhere in this forum (Standard Shield - Advanced - uncheck the Show Detailed Info box) isn't working for me!  I've unchecked that box in both the Internet Mail and Outlook providers as well.  Any ideas?  This is a deal breaker for 2 of my users  ::)

Config is WinXP SP2, Avast Pro 4 updated yesterday. 

Offline alanrf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Just an avast user
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2005, 04:02:20 AM »
Make sure the equivalent box is unchecked in the Web Shield and in the Internet Mail provider.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2005, 05:46:27 PM »
Make sure the equivalent box is unchecked in the Web Shield and in the Internet Mail provider.
And the Standard Shield provider too  ;)

rileym

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2005, 10:41:21 PM »
Standard Shield, Internet Mail, Outlook, Web Shield - you name it, all have that box unchecked  :(

Would it be easier for me to call support or create a ticket or something so that we could troubleshoot this off-forum?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2005, 10:44:02 PM »
It would be much faster here, can you either give in indication of what is in these messages or post a screen shot to help pin it down.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

rileym

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2005, 11:59:58 PM »
It would be much faster here, can you either give in indication of what is in these messages or post a screen shot to help pin it down.

No problem, the messages I'm referring to are the red-text-on-yellow-background ones that pile up in the bottom right corner of your screen under the heading "Avast On-access Scanner Message" as virus-infected email gets d/led from the server.  Each line details the virus, where it came from etc.  If you're unlucky enough to have an email account that gets hit hard, these will come in so fast that the lines start to pile up until they occupy half your screen area.  If you right click on them they'll disappear, BTW, but that's not a good solution for my users.  They don't want to see anything. 

As I said before, the "show detailed information" checkbox is not checked on any of the providers loaded.  I do have them all running in silent mode with Yes/Delete/Deny as the default actions in case that helps - I think that's the only thing changed from the default behaviour. 

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2005, 12:57:03 AM »
What is your/their email program?
If MS Outlook or MS Exchange is the Outlook/Exchange provider running and have you disabled the Show Detailed info here. I'm not sure id you need the silent mode if you are deleting unconditionally.

If all installed providers/plug-ins have the 'Show detailed information on action performed' unticked, I can't see where these messages are coming from.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2005, 01:11:41 AM »
No problem, the messages I'm referring to are the red-text-on-yellow-background ones that pile up in the bottom right corner of your screen under the heading "Avast On-access Scanner Message" as virus-infected email gets d/led from the server.  Each line details the virus, where it came from etc.  If you're unlucky enough to have an email account that gets hit hard, these will come in so fast that the lines start to pile up until they occupy half your screen area.  If you right click on them they'll disappear, BTW, but that's not a good solution for my users.  They don't want to see anything.
Did you follow what I've posted?

And the Standard Shield provider too  ;)

But you can let some messages if you configure them.
If you click 'Settings' in my signature you'll find a section of avast4.ini file where you can configure the transparency, the font size, the number, the colors, etc. of these messages.