Author Topic: Windows 8.1 coming soon!  (Read 15382 times)

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: Windows 8.1 coming soon!
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2013, 09:19:57 PM »
Most of these "critics" used it in a virtual mode for a few minutes or hrs. and used that experience to form their opinion.
The internet is full of these "reviewers". We also find them on his forum quite often.
Sorry but the post before mine seems to prove my point.
They usually force avast! onto their system without first removing what was protecting them
and then when things don't work well, complain all over the net that avast! isn't worth trying.
I see it daily and have run into these critics in person during my presentation.
Once it's proven to them that the problem isn't avast! but their own inability to follow instructions,
they usually change their attitude and opinion.
There are always those that will never change their opinion and never admit that they made a mistake.
We seem to have quite a few of those on the forum lately...... :(

Reviews, Reviews what a joke!!
I've always found things out for myself,,,,,,not from someone elses experience.
All experiences are different. There is no patent on opinion. ;D ;D ;D ;)

Offline Coolmario88

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Bronies make the web go round
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2013, 09:37:52 PM »
I actually seen this coming since windows 8.0 was in a preview like build :P  Windows 8.1 won't be much different then Windows 8 though.. I heard good things like that it will have a start button that will bring you to the metro start screen..
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 12:52:49 AM by Coolmario88 »
Webbrowser: Mozilla Firefox
PC Specs: Intel i5-12400f, Nvidia RTX 3050, 16gb ram, 1.5TB SSD(s).

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2013, 09:43:08 PM »
What I find interesting is; the folks who do not run Win8 and/or have never developed a personal experience with the OS (never used it) but yet are so opinionated against it.
With all due respect, I have used a friends Win8 enough to form an opinion on my own. It still stinks.
Win8 was ill conceived and developed. MS should know by now how to get it right.
I question the ability of MS to do decent and in depth research before releasing a monstrosity.
Obviously they misjudged what users want and/or need. Metro tiles are very ill-suited for an office environment.
A pocket phone, yes. Office or home use, no.  8)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.