Author Topic: Abort connection??????  (Read 2232 times)

fkurtg

Abort connection??????
« on: April 06, 2005, 09:24:21 PM »
Hello
i am using avast pro 4.6  on windos P

everytime a virus is discovered  the alarm comes on and the  virus  but  it doesn't give me  any course of action  it just says it is connecting  and under it it says abort connection
 it use to give you  the delete, quarantine... options but now it is just  not responding  so i close the window

please help my computer is running very slow :-[

neiby

Re: Abort connection??????
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2005, 09:36:50 PM »
This is the Web Shield blocking the virus before it even gets to your computer. Those other options you refer to are from when the Standard Shield detects a virus that is already on your computer. Since the virus is on your computer at that point, you have a number of options (delete it, move it to the chest, etc.)

Web Shield is continuously scanning your HTTP traffic and will block viruses before they can be downloaded.

Feel free to turn off Web Shield in order to download this virus, if you prefer. ;-)  It would probably then be caught by Standard Shield and you'll be presented with the options you're used to seeing. But isn't it better to stop the virus before it completely downloads onto your computer in the first place?

John

fkurtg

Re: Abort connection??????
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2005, 09:46:48 PM »
WOW that was fast

Thanks John  I feel so relieved now!!!!