Author Topic: removing avast v8 via cmd prompt--cross posted from the "blackscreen" thread  (Read 13105 times)

vaneous

I find myself a member of the select group of people that have been negatively affected by avast v8
I'll be blunt in saying that I want to remove avast via my cmd prompt, but aren't able to.

configuration:
Alienware M5790 (laugh if you must, but after I dumped Vista, things actually started making sense again......)
32-bit Win 7 Pro SP1
Processor is an Intel-Core 2 Duo 1.83GHz T5600 2MB 667 MHz , GPU is ATI X1800, W/ 6GB RAM
e-net connection via router to wireless 3G/4G modem
Windows firewall is installed, but not currently running
I have had nothing but avast since v3 was released.

when booting into safe mode, I see the two asw*.sys drivers at the bottom of the list.
when I go into cmd prompt, I can't figure out how to get the programs to show up. the streaming list that pops up when I run "dr\p" doesn't help much.
anyone who has 32-bit Win 7 Pro & successfully dealt w/ this is welcome to post.

thanks

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Why do you need to do it from the command prompt? I.e. what not simply go to Control Panel / Programs and Features and start the uninstallation from there? (or, using the uninstallation tool downloaded from avast! web?)

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
(or, using the uninstallation tool downloaded from avast! web?)

Uninstall Utility   http://www.avast.com/en-no/uninstall-utility

Johnny4745

I find myself a member of the select group of people that have been negatively affected by avast v8
I'll be blunt in saying that I want to remove avast via my cmd prompt, but aren't able to.

configuration:
Alienware M5790 (laugh if you must, but after I dumped Vista, things actually started making sense again......)
32-bit Win 7 Pro SP1
Processor is an Intel-Core 2 Duo 1.83GHz T5600 2MB 667 MHz , GPU is ATI X1800, W/ 6GB RAM
e-net connection via router to wireless 3G/4G modem
Windows firewall is installed, but not currently running
I have had nothing but avast since v3 was released.

when booting into safe mode, I see the two asw*.sys drivers at the bottom of the list.
when I go into cmd prompt, I can't figure out how to get the programs to show up. the streaming list that pops up when I run "dr\p" doesn't help much.
anyone who has 32-bit Win 7 Pro & successfully dealt w/ this is welcome to post.

thanks

If all you are running is dr\p, you won''t see Avast.  Run this first:  cd %programfiles%, and then dr\p.

Attachment Below:

vaneous

Why do you need to do it from the command prompt? I.e. what not simply go to Control Panel / Programs and Features and start the uninstallation from there? (or, using the uninstallation tool downloaded from avast! web?)

that would imply that I can see/use my desktop after I login. I can't. Please see the blackscreen stickie at the top of the page for more info.