Author Topic: Wanted: Files scanned with error 42003 - "Internal Program Error"  (Read 83034 times)

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
Re:Wanted: Files scanned with error 42003 - "Internal Program Error"
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2003, 09:45:04 AM »
Sorry, I haven't noticed Sircam-C signature was generated only for packed version and not for the new Sircam variant.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2003, 02:09:25 PM »
pk, what about your suggestion at http://www.avast.com/forum/index.php?action=display;board=2;threadid=791;start=0#msg4319
"Other files are packed with method 9: "Enhanced Deflating using Deflate64(tm)"  but we don't support all variants of this method. Also it's not really easy to say unknown_method error instead of file_is_corrupted in this case."  ;)
The best things in life are free.

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2003, 05:31:16 PM »
I'm comparing our ZIP packer with some other unZIP sources. I'm not really sure if we were supporting all variants of Deflate64 method. I'll inform you, give me one-two days 8).

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2003, 09:57:01 PM »
I'm comparing our ZIP packer with some other unZIP sources. I'm not really sure if we were supporting all variants of Deflate64 method. I'll inform you, give me one-two days 8).

Of course, take a rest  ;D
Btw, the old files I have sent you ("false positives zip files") are not more shown in BitDefender 7.0 (updated) scanning log!  8)

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2003, 12:41:11 AM »
pk, what about your suggestion at http://www.avast.com/forum/index.php?action=display;board=2;threadid=791;start=0#msg4319
"Other files are packed with method 9: "Enhanced Deflating using Deflate64(tm)"  but we don't support all variants of this method. Also it's not really easy to say unknown_method error instead of file_is_corrupted in this case."  ;)

Technical, I've added the latest unpacking method for ZIP (supported from WinZip 8.1) - available in next avast build.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2003, 03:03:59 AM »
Technical, I've added the latest unpacking method for ZIP (supported from WinZip 8.1) - available in next avast build.

Thanks, pk  ;)
What about the method 9: "Enhanced Deflating using Deflate64(tm)"
for WinZip 9.0 Beta2 ?  ;D

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2003, 12:01:01 PM »
I was talking about the method 9 (Deflate64), which WinZip supports from version 8.1 (more: http://www.winzip.com/whatsnew90.htm).

techie101

« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2003, 05:35:36 PM »
This is probably only happening on my machine  :-[ (anyone else???) and I'm not worried... yet!, but when the scanner is running, my monitor speakers are making a noise similar to a duck with diarhea being squeezed in the middle!. For those that have never tried this (you haven't lived!  8) ), it also sounds like a coffee pot syphoning.
You may try to reduce your Acceleration setting in the Settings menu of Avast, or simply turn down the Volume.
This is usually caused by internal feedback.
You can also turn off the AVAST sounds entirely if you like peace and quiet.

I have not had or heard of this before, but was able to reproduce a similar annoying sound by booting the volume with Acceleration on the highest setting.

;D

Either that or shoot the duck!

« Last Edit: October 11, 2003, 05:36:56 PM by techie101 »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2003, 09:54:07 PM »
I was talking about the method 9 (Deflate64), which WinZip supports from version 8.1 (more: http://www.winzip.com/whatsnew90.htm).

Thanks, pk. You´re right and clear.  ;)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2003, 05:00:03 AM »
pk, just to inform you: at this link http://www.avast.com/forum/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=1379;start=30#msg8698
there is an user with zipped infected files two times: the first pack has a virus and then it was contaminated again...
Igor is mentioned at this thread but I thought it could be useful to you to know this. If not, sorry  :-\

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2003, 11:10:29 AM »
Thanks Technical, I was monitoring that thread and I have nothing to say for double-detection. Let's pay attention to the topic: "files with internal error", hunters.

btw, i've noticed you changed your signature - now you doubt avast! could be the one, the best av :).
« Last Edit: October 14, 2003, 11:12:28 AM by pk »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2003, 07:49:41 PM »
Thanks Technical, I was monitoring that thread and I have nothing to say for double-detection. Let's pay attention to the topic: "files with internal error", hunters.

Ok, pk, where will I post a forum about other errors on scanning?
I posted some days ago in avast! forum but just Igor answer me (partially)  :'(

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2003, 03:29:31 AM »
About other scanning errors than internal one ??? ? Did you mean errors like 8 (not enough memory), 2 (file not found), etc ? I got some files, which had that similar error, from minacross (and not only he) - but after rescanning I didnt find anything wrong (and vlk as well) - it may be causes by other error during the scanning which could appear on that file (otherwise, how could you explain you have enough mem & hdd space but you always get error num 8 even if the file is extracted to hdd or mem).

Technical, your files are always welcomed in my inbox :-* (I'm hungry).
« Last Edit: November 13, 2003, 03:30:33 AM by pk »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2003, 12:02:53 PM »
About other scanning errors than internal one ??? ? Did you mean errors like 8 (not enough memory), 2 (file not found), etc ? I got some files, which had that similar error, from minacross (and not only he) - but after rescanning I didnt find anything wrong (and vlk as well) - it may be causes by other error during the scanning which could appear on that file (otherwise, how could you explain you have enough mem & hdd space but you always get error num 8 even if the file is extracted to hdd or mem).

Technical, your files are always welcomed in my inbox :-* (I'm hungry).

After avast! come to my life, virus gone away...
Fortunatelly I have no files to send you right now. You will starve!
Anyway, I'll send you any souspicious file (is your FTP open for me, I saved that information and could you if it's open, just confirming to me by IM).

Have nice days in USA...  8)

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2003, 02:14:21 AM »
Raman found me two types of archives (zip+zoo) which make me awake in such a horrible time (2am) :). C'mon, guys, no more internal errors? Don't pressure us to close the thread...
« Last Edit: December 20, 2003, 02:16:09 AM by pk »