Author Topic: Can't install via console after aswclear run  (Read 3364 times)

REDACTED

Can't install via console after aswclear run
« on: June 04, 2013, 05:57:29 PM »
We are experiencing the Win 7 lock at welcome screen problem that has been reported in other forums. When I go to the workstation that is "stuck," boot into safe mode and run aswclear, the client uninstalls and the computer will boot normally. Now I have a hole in my network protection that needs to be plugged. If I try to push an install to that client with the AEA console, I get an error message indicating that another install is in progress.  The console shows the client is not on, but VNC shows the client active and I can connect to/control the client through VNC. Using the console to uninstall ends in a timeout failure. Am I missing something or doing something incorrectly?

REDACTED

Re: Can't install via console after aswclear run
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 03:56:02 PM »
I have resolved the issue by running the discover computer task. Before I did this the console would not push a new install or a policy update to the computer. I am still experiencing the "welcome" hang on about 3% of my clients. This still baffles me because they all are from the same image. 

Che Johnson

Re: Can't install via console after aswclear run
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 09:11:19 AM »
Try to choose the feature "load avast services after other services" which can be found in the maintenance tab of the group.  The screenshot should be of help.

I hope this helps.