Author Topic: Updates  (Read 4330 times)

MFB

Updates
« on: April 08, 2005, 04:53:34 AM »
I'm using avast! 4 free edition and I was wondering if my updates subscription will expire allowing me not to get updates anymore?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Updates
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2005, 05:01:11 AM »
If you right click the 'a' blue icon and choose About dialog.
When will the update period expire?
You can register the Home version again to receive a new licence number for more 14 months for free!
The best things in life are free.

MFB

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2005, 05:05:55 AM »
It says that it expire july of 2006.  So I have to type in my email again to get another licence and type it in my registration area in memory scan?  Okay I live with it as long as Avast gets update at least once a day.   I switch to from McAfee to avast today cause I just can't stand the slow scan and soo updates downloads.  Avast is much better for my computer now.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2005, 05:26:51 AM »
It says that it expire july of 2006.  So I have to type in my email again to get another licence and type it in my registration area in memory scan?
Oh, can't you wait until june of 2006... It will update until there. Then, you'll register again for more 14 months. No need to do it now...

Okay I live with it as long as Avast gets update at least once a day.
What do you mean?
avast checks if there is an available connection each 40 seconds.
If there isn't, wait more 40 seconds to check. Checking does not take more than one second and, of course, does not use the Internet band.
If there is a connection, check for an update. If there is not any new file to download, wait 4 hours to start checking again. If there is an available update, start it and install it. Again, wait 4 hours to check the next time.

kamulko

For (the Great!) Technical
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2005, 03:44:15 PM »
ok
« Last Edit: April 08, 2005, 04:43:10 PM by Kamulko! »

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2005, 04:15:15 PM »
What exactly is the problem?
The license is valid for the beta version as well, of course - or do you see anything suspicious in the snapshot?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: For (the Great!) Technical
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2005, 04:19:53 PM »
Hi, Tech! Happy to see you here.
Please can you resolve a doubt? I have a Pro subscritio for 2 years (until 1 january 2007)
but - today - I downloaded the Beta version (it resolve my problems opening some weblinks). The doubt is: it is valid the same my subscription? And how can be sure which version is working on my pc? I try to explain better sending this printscreen:

Thanks for help.
Take care.
Marco.

Marco, as I've answered you by IM, the same as Igor now:
The printscreen could not be attached to an IM, only in forums.
I think you won't have any problem using the license key and beta versions.
You're using version: 4.6.639 (beta).
Oh, maybe you can delete the printscreen, removing your registration key that is shown  ;)

kamulko

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2005, 04:38:17 PM »
Thanks to all for reply.
No problems: only 1 doubt, because there are some other softwares companies which don't consider valid the licences if someone use Beta versions. Now I see Avast! is SUPERIOR also about this.  :D

kamulko

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2005, 04:41:20 PM »
Tech... unfortunately, I don't be able to remove the printscreen image with my number of licence... is it possible? Thanks.

kamulko

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2005, 04:44:14 PM »
ok... excuse me: i found how remove image  ;D