Author Topic: Set Silent mode automaticly  (Read 3947 times)

TheLoch

Set Silent mode automaticly
« on: April 07, 2005, 10:25:45 PM »
Hi all,

I try to find a way to set automaticly via a Script with AutoIt ( or other ) all the services ( providers ) of Avast Home 4.6 on the silent mode. I mean Standard Shield, Web Shield and the mail shield even exchange.
I already look at the forum but find nothing :-(
I try to find a way with RegMonitor but nothing special in registry.
All i see when i make the modification via the GUI is Avast4.mdb changing...

Sorry for the approximative English, I'm from Belgium and normaly speek French

Thanks in advance

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Set Silent mode automaticly
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2005, 10:35:15 PM »
For the time it would take to do this with AutoIt or a similar program, it would probably be quicker to do the task manually.

You only have a limited option in the Home (free) version, to send the infected file to the virus Chest (silent mode, with general answer no).
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

kamulko

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2005, 10:37:09 PM »
Hi!
Maybe I don't understand well what you asking  for (i'm not english!):
it seems you have some problems to configure Avast! silence notifications of activities by GUI?
If this is the meaning of your words, try to right-click on the "A" spinning blueball, then (I translate from italian menus) "Startup Protection Control"; > "Personalize" > "Advanced" > select the little white squared box below at left side of the panel; make this for all the options and you'll have the silenced control every time.
I hope it useful and help you.

Bye!

TheLoch

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2005, 10:38:07 PM »
First of all thks for the reply,

I will try to explain, I have a lot of friend and parents who download Avast on my suggestion.
But they can't configure it, and specially the Silent Mode.
I know it's not difficult to clic one time on the Avast tray icon then double clic the apporpriate providers, go in the advanced tab and clic silent mode.
But my parents or my friends are not so easy with Windows, that's why I try to make a little script who's going to do it for them.

I hope it's clear enouth, and one more time thank you
PS : There is maybe a way in the installation procedure directly via a config file and not after install ?

kamulko

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2005, 10:41:56 PM »
Ok, now I understand well... but other persons (not me, unfortunately!) surely can help you for the things you want.
Sorry.  :)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2005, 12:47:03 AM »
Quote from: TheLoch
But they can't configure it, and specially the Silent Mode.
If I remember correctly, it's not on the avast4.ini file... No chance for direct configuration.

There is maybe a way in the installation procedure directly via a config file and not after install ?
There is Silent instalation but only on Professional version. Again, if it's not on avast4.ini file, it could not be configurated directly.

All i see when i make the modification via the GUI is Avast4.mdb changing...
Wow, this is new... can we change it by the mdb file?!  ::)

Hey, I think this will be the first step to have an advanced tool to configure avast.
I've looking for this a long time but I never succeed...
AutoIt won't be that easy in my opinion to make a GUI for it. We need a 'tweaker' and someone that can program to read, write, load default values etc. on avast4.ini file...
The best things in life are free.

TheLoch

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2005, 09:43:34 PM »
apparently there is no solution, only via GUI : - (

Thks to all of you

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2005, 10:33:16 PM »
apparently there is no solution, only via GUI : - (

Ok, but AutoIt could manage any GUI so, just make a script to start avast providers settings (this will be the most difficult part in my opinion) and set them. AutoIt could manage key strokes, mouse movements, etc.
The best things in life are free.