Author Topic: Lost my phone and it is powered off  (Read 3036 times)

OptimusPrime

Lost my phone and it is powered off
« on: June 06, 2013, 09:40:53 AM »
Hi guys, I really hope I can get help solve my problem.

I have a Sony Xperia Sola with Android 4.0.4 and Avast Mobile Security installed. I had paired it to control it from my Avast account. But I ve misplaced my phone and I know it is charged, but switched off. So I am not being able to locate the phone. I tried sending the "Locate" and "Launch" commands from my Avast account but the commands "timed out" since the phone is off.

So is there any way I can send a command that will turn on the phone? I kinda know I am asking for too much to be able to turn on a phone remotely, but if there is a way that will be awesome. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Offline Werner

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Re: Lost my phone and it is powered off
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 09:51:36 AM »
Hello,

you can't turn on your phone remotely. however - I can recommend two things:

- send a command SMS to your phone from a close friend's/family member's phone. send "2222 locate" (replace 2222 with own avast! PIN). if the phone is found and turned on, the command will be received by your phone and it will answer (provided that you turned off the SIM PIN protection - if the phone asks for the SIM PIN, it can't receive it)
- regularily check with the person who's phone number you set as "friend". if the phone is found and sim card replaced, he/she will receive a sms with the location info and the new phone number

hope you'll find your phone,

Werner