So i downloaded AVAST PRO nearly two weeks ago and i can't get it to open.
I have been talking to the tech team and they haven't been able to help me!
So far they have to me to:
Download avast! uninstall utility (aswclear.exe) located on this page:http://files.avast.com/files/eng/aswclear.exe
and follow these instructions:
1. Download aswClear.exe on to your desktop
2. Start Windows in Safe Mode (http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/boot_failsafe.mspx?mfr=true
) or disable self-defence module:
- Start avast! program
- Click on the right side on SETTINGS
- Choose "Troubleshooting" and untick option "Enable avast! self-defence module"
3. Open (execute) the uninstall utility
4. If you installed avast! in a different folder than the default, browse for it. (Note: Be careful! The content of any folder you choose will be deleted!)
5. Click REMOVE
6. Restart your computer
To install avast! Premier onto your computer, kindly follow these steps:
1) Download avast! Premier http://www.avast.com/download-thank-you.php?product=PRE&locale=en-ww
2) Save it onto your desktop
3) Doubleclick on the file downloaded (avast_premier_antivirus_setup.exe)
4) Follow the instructions on the screen
5) Reboot your computer
That didn't work so then they asked me to:
- What Windows version are you using?
- What version of avast! is installed on your computer? You can find this information by right-clicking on the avast! icon in your system tray and then selecting the "About avast!..." dialog option.
- How do you connect to Internet?
I especially need to know if you're using some firewall (and which one), and if you connected via dial-
up, LAN or ADSL etc.
We connect via wifi and no firewall
- What are your basic your system parameters? (processor type, amount of RAM...)
Processor Intel (R) Core (TM) i 5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30GHz
Ram 4 GB
System type 64 bit operating system
- Is there any other antivirus or firewall installed on your computer?
- Once we have all the information, we'll try to simulate your problem in our testing labs. We therefore need you to describe as accurately as you can what actions cause the problem to appear.
1) Download HiJackThis, (http://public.avast.com/~zrubecky/hijackthis.exe
) save it onto your desktop
2) Run the HiJackThis program and select "Do a system scan and save log file"
3) Send me the created log file as an email attachment (by default it's located on your desktop and should be named hijackthis.log - it looks like a text file)
With this information and with the hijackthis.log file we can try to resolve your problem.
And then they emailed me today to:
Thank you for contacting AVAST Software company with your concerns.
Please try to:
-recognize your browser, whether it is firefox, or google chrome, or internet explorer...
-recognize the version of your browser....
-remember.... different browsers have different ways of finding the version...
-and than you need to clear the cache files and the recent browse history, and cookies...
-im just explaining this to you generally...
- just follow through the guide here at this link.
- it'll help. hope it works for you.
And nothing is working for me!
I got one of my friends to look at my computer for me and he removed all of the other antivirus stuff (as after doing the first thing i couldn't connect to the internet)
I will attach what the is coming up when he tried to open AVAST.
Can you please help and if not can i please get my money back! I got the 3 year pro AVAST.